cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Coverage In Andorra

bobboulby
Grafter

No Mobile Coverage In Andorra

Hi, I'm currently in Andorra but have no mobile signal at all despite it being listed as a Roam Like Home destination. We've passed through France and Spain where I had no problems so I assume that it should work in Andorra as well.

We're moving on tomorrow so not a huge issue but I'd be interested to know why it doesn't work.

Thanks - Bob.
16 REPLIES 16
SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: No Mobile Coverage In Andorra

Hi 

I'm sorry to hear that you can't connect to a network while you're Roaming in Andorra!

We work hard to provide a high standard of service within the UK, however, we cannot guarantee service while you're Roaming abroad. This is because we don't have full control of the infastructure there.

We do advise that if you're struggling to connect to a network to try a few basic troubleshooting steps. You can find these below:

Have you tried rebooting your handset at all? You can do this by:

• Turning the handset off
  • Removing the SIM card
  • Leave it for five minutes
  • Pop the SIM card back in
  • Turn your handset back on

This will refresh your connection with the network.

If you're still experiencing problems, then you can try manually selecting a network.

All handsets vary dependant on their make and model, however, a general search on an Android handset would be:

• From the home screen, tap and drag the Notifications bar downwards.
  • Tap the Settings icon.
  • Scroll to and tap More networks.
  • Tap Mobile networks.
  • Tap Network operators.
  • If prompted tap OK.
  • Tap the required network.

Finally, you can try your SIM card in another handset. I'd advise using a family member or friend's handset. Just make sure that it's unlocked from a network!  

If you have any further questions, then please don't hesitate to get in touch by dropping me a message on this Forum, Facebook or Twitter, via Live Chat on our webiste, or by giving us a call on 0800 0791133 - Option 1, or 500 from your Plusnet mobile -Sean Smiley

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Hi, I'm currently in Andorra but have no mobile signal at all despite it being listed as a Roam Like Home destination. We've passed through France and Spain where I had no problems so I assume that it should work in Andorra as well.

@bobboulby was the problem a lack of signal strength or 'access denied' / 'forbidden' ? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobboulby
Grafter

Hi MisterW.

No signal strength at all as if there were no mobile networks available. As soon as we got back in to Spain I connected to a network straight away.
bobboulby
Grafter

@plusnet. Both myself and my partner are on PlusNet Mobile and this affected both of us in exactly the same way. So two SIMs and two different handsets.

Bob.
SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I see 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@bobboulby According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_Europe#Andorra Andorra only has one mobile network. I can't believe that it wasn't working at all whilst you were there! More likely that PlusNet have a problem with roaming there just like Croatia and some other places https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Roaming-not-working/m-p/1447954 .

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobboulby
Grafter

Yes, I agree. Needs sorting out for anyone else who might visit. Not a big issue for us but having no coverage at all could be a big problem for some people.

Bob.
SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I completely understand 

bobboulby
Grafter

Hi, just wondering if the "relevant department" had any comment on this? We travel to Europe fairly often and it would be nice to have some confidence that roaming will work in all EU countries.

Thanks - Bob.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Hi, just wondering if the "relevant department" had any comment on this?

I'm beginning to think that it's just a 'black hole' Huh there have been a number of queries recently that have been 'passed to the relevant dept' and nothing emerges.

Unlike the main forums, they don't seem to like being asked 'difficult' questions on here, they seem to hope they'll go away if they ignore them. Well they will eventually, because there won't be any customers left to ask themSad

and it would be nice to have some confidence that roaming will work in all EU countries.

It certainly wouldRoll_eyes and not just a canned response , rather a more considered one, with an explanation of why it didn't work in Andorra, Croatia etc and what has been done to correct it.

BTW @bobboulby , when roaming did work for you in Spain & France , what was the content of the SMS you got ( I assume! ) advising of any costs for calls etc. ? Some time ago I queried why people were still getting messages when roaming in the EU advising that 'calls cost ...' etc when they should have been included in any allowance. I was told it was an error and that it had since been fixed...

bobboulby
Grafter

@MisterW, yes I did receive a SMS in France and Spain and it said:

Hello, you can use your plan allowance like you're at home! Charges apply when you use all of this up. For details: (url) or call for free on 500.

Bob.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@bobboulby thanks for that. It looks like that HAS been fixed then, I'll chalk it off my listSmiley

bobboulby
Grafter

Hi, another week has gone by and still no explanation of this. I realise that this is a fringe case but surely it can't be that hard to check that everything is in place for roaming to work in Andorra and indeed all countries both inside and outside the EU. People depend on their mobile phones when they go abroad and to be left with no signal at all isn't good.

I realise that this is a new service for PlusNet and that there will be teething problems but if things aren't working correctly I'd also appreciate some honesty and some indication that things will be put right.

I was previously with 3 Mobile and never had any problem with using my phone in any country I visited.

Bob.

SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi