cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Access

FIXED
Trinawheeler

No Internet Access

Hi. I recently moved to plusnet from Vodafone, my iPhone 6s was unlocked as part of the move. On inserting my new plusnet SIM, telephone and texting works, as does internet over WiFi but internet without WiFi doesn't. So far I have been sent a new SIM but same problems. I have tried the SIM in another phone and it works, similarly I have tried my husband's ee SIM in my iPhone and that also works. There seems to be a problem with the combination of plusnet and my iphone 6s.

I have spent a vast amount of time on the phone to plusnet and apple. Have reset network settings multiple times. Plusnet saying it must be my handset but it was working on voda and has since worked on EE - only the plusnet sim won't work! I have now been without internet for nearly 3 weeks, if I don't get this resolved soon I will have to go elsewhere - can anybody please help??!

P.s having trawled the internet I don't have the options withing the iPhone menus to change the APN settings manually.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Trina.
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: No Internet Access

Fix

Not sure if you've seen this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/NO-DATA-no-access-to-APN-settings-on-iphone/td-p/1400224/page/3

That suggests that you MAY have to delete any old Vodafone profile

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Hi there Trinawheeler. Sorry to hear you're having issues with data, but not to worry, I should be able to get that sorted for you Smiley

Could you please send me a Private Message with your full name and address, so I can open up your account and get the ball rolling?

EDIT: 

Trinawheeler

@MisterW Wow - thank you so so much! Having spent hours on this with various people at plusnet and Vodafone within a minute of reading the link you posted I was up and running!! Amazing!

If any plusnet staff are reading this - (despite all your protestations) proof it wasn’t my phone! Please share as it seems quite a common problem - I will cancel the appointment with Apple you said I needed!
Trinawheeler

@MichaelWilliams Thank you for the reply - MisterWs suggestion did resolve!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@Trinawheeler glad we got you sorted.

@MichaelWilliams why are the customer support people not aware of the possible solutions to these problems ? It's not rocket science

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Rest assured