Did you mean: 

No Data

FIXED
xer0w
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No Data

Hi,

I'm also having the Plusnet 'No Data' issue, I've got a new SIM that shows a connection to T-Mobile(Plusnet) 3g/4g but I don't have any internet access. I have tried everything suggested here, APN settings, network reset, even full factory reset, nothing works. 

I have tried a Vodafone SIM in the same phone, and it works fine (H+ & 4G) no problems at all.

Is there a fix for this does anyone know?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No Data

Hello xer0w!

There's a number of reasons why your Internet data might not be working correctly, so we have to check through those possibilities on a case-by-case basis. If you're still experiencing data problems, can you please send me a private message (click my name to get that option) with your account details, and a description of what you've tried so far? Then we'll be more than happy to to do what it takes to get this resolved for you. Smiley

Thanks!

xer0w
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

Update.

Received second SIM yesterday, called to activate. Waited......and waited.... in the end it took 24 hours but its now all working with a good 4G signal. Happy days.

For reference, my phone is a Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime (Global Version). 

gphil

I had a problem with plusnet simcard ... then I managed to fix it ...with the following instructions sent to me by plusnet.

Its the APN settings that you will need to change :

I’m sorry to hear you’re unable to use your mobile data! This may be caused by incorrect APN settings on your phone. Please find below the APN details for your Android phone.

Go into settings, find data usage, slider right on or off. Make sure Wi-Fi is switched off.

1. Tap the Menu button.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Wireless and networks or more... (Depending on your version of Android).
4. Tap Mobile Networks.
5. Tap Access point names.
6. Tap the Menu button.
7. Tap New APN.
8. Enter the following data into the on screen form, without changing any other settings:

• Name - EE Internet             
• APN - everywhere
• Username - eesecure
• Password –secure
• MMSC - http://mms/ 
• MMS Proxy - 149.254.201.135
• MMS Port - 8080
• Authentication type – PAP
• APN type - If given a choice, select internet+MMS, if the keyboard appears enter *

9. Tap the Menu button.
10. Tap Save.
11. Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.
12. Check the notification bar for H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working.

Its sorted my phone .....hope it helps others