cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data, No Service, French Voice mail

RobGriffiths
Hooked

No Data, No Service, French Voice mail

I provided Plusnet with my PAC code yesterday morning. The number i was porting went dead on GiffGaff at about 10.00 am today. The ported number appeared to be live on plusnet at about 2.00pm. Since then the phone has fluctuated from 4 bars to No Service all day.

I have no data, can't access APN settings. Phone shows a 3G connection although I'm in a 4G area.

Calling voice mail I'm asked in French to enter my PIN number.

Customer service rep I spoke to didn't seem to have a clue what was happening.

I asked him about Conditional Call Forwarding (so I could use HulloMail) and was told that Plusnet doesn't support it ... WHAT??? If GiffGaff can support it why can't Plusnet?

Plusnet have made a real hash launching this mobile service - very tempted to vote with my feet!

2 REPLIES 2
brightonbelle
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: No Data, No Service, French Voice mail

My voicemail was in French the day I ported. It sorted itself out later that day. You may find everything's OK tomorrow morning.

RobGriffiths
Hooked

Re: No Data, No Service, French Voice mail

Thanks for the reassurance. Ports aren't usually this fraught!

In addition to the train, and yourself (obvs), there used to be a wonderful, tiny restaurant in Brighton in the 90s called the 'Brighton Belle'. Moules marinière to die for ... the secret was a dash of Thai fish sauce and a teaspoon of sugar.