Dabbler

Re: No Data Connection.

perryw
Hooked

16/11 things went weird, 18/11 data stopped
c1469

15/11 was intermittent 16/11 nothing and nothing since. I couldn’t send txts today and I lose connectivity for Calls a few times an hour as well. The connectivity issues started at the same time. As one of the other replies states my phone also works fine with another network sim.
Yoda
Dabbler

Only thing that I feel that I should add is that my wife signed up to PN 2 weeks after me and has suffered no connectivity problems, using same Huawei Y6 2018 handsets, other thing that I forgot to add was that we both had "emergency calls only" signal for 10 mins last night @ around 20:00

littletuckers87

I’ve started having the same issue coming up to a month since I switched. It was fine when I left my house on Tuesday as I paid for my bus ticket with it, 25 minutes later when I checked Google Maps to see where I was going it was on 3G and wasn’t working,

Forgot all about it when I got home and as I was in the house all day Wednesday the phone was connected to the WiFi so I didn’t notice anything amiss,

This morning at work it was 3G again and wouldn’t connect to the internet. Then tonight, ironically, Plusnet sent me two texts asking how my first month had been and to rate their service from 1-10. I replied with 9 as I hadn’t had any problems but the text wouldn’t send. Can make and receive calls but that’s it.

Tried all the tips on here, reset phone, reset network, remove SIM card etc but no joy. Will have to get in touch with them tomorrow,

Hooley17PN
Hooked

Ported from 02 on 20th Oct. Data & calls ok for a week or so, then started to drop off. By 7/11 very intermittent. By 8/11 no data, txts or calls. Logged a call with PN, provided examples etc. Strangely service back up around 13/11, but then rapidly down hill by 16/11. Zero data since. New handset, still nothing for last 5 days. I can receive texts, but now can't reply to them. Not sure if PN are doing something in background.... Gandalf is apparently on the case.
Itdc
Hooked

Re: No data connection

Looks like this is a widespread issue, why Plusnet does not put this issue on their service information area? This is not very transparent.

the customer service replies that there is nothing they can do about that apart from waiting. ..
Itdc
Hooked

Looks like this is a widespread issue, why Plusnet does not put this issue on their service information area? This is not very transparent.

the customer service replies that there is nothing they can do about that apart from waiting. ..
disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Got sent a replacement SIM, called in to have it activated and the agent just cut me off.  Network problems, poor customer service and no updates for a problem that has existed since 16th November

Sort it out Plusnet your making yourselves look like amateurs 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi everyone.

We've got an incident(IMT-3183) raised on this and we're investigating.

Anyone who has sent me a PM with their mobile number, thank you I'll pass it over though due to the volume of PM's I've got yesterday(Around 10) I may not be able to reply to you individually.

If you have no data and haven't provided us your mobile number, please PM me and I'll be happy to add it to the problem for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Why has this been marked as fixed? Still broken
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Only the original poster of a thread can mark a thread as fixed.

It appears they believe the problem to be fixed for them.

It's worth noting that the fix status of a thread has absolutely no impact on the issues we're investigating.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hooley17PN
Hooked

My data has just kicked into life. 4G+ as well. Not sure what you did or if it will last, but for the mo.. Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've not received any updates yet, but I'm glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
positive_net
Hooked

@disk0 wrote:

Got sent a replacement SIM, called in to have it activated and the agent just cut me off.  

That happened to me - were you calling from the old SIM at the time? Being cut off was probably the service being switched to the new SIM!