Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
Dpres
Hooked

Re: No Data Connection.

Hi all,

I am having exactly the same issue as described in this thread. Last week I received new SIM cards from PlusNet. Start a number port, which seems to have completed on Monday afternoon. Ported numbers now work for voice and txt but I've now lost all cellular data. I've been back and forth with customer services and they either don't phone me back or when they do they just say there is no update they don't know what is wrong.. @Gandalf is this something you can help with please? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Dpres

I've checked both your number and your wife's for you and the port hasn't yet fully completed, which would be the cause of the issue with the data.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do to influence when this'll happen. Essentially for a port to complete we'd need files from every provider that the number has ever been with. I can see the numbers are on a tracker, so we're aware that the ports are outstanding. In the meantime, all I can really say is that we'd just need to wait. Sad

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
erikasocial
Dabbler

No data connection here either.   It disappeared yesterday and I've tried all the fixes suggested on this forum to no avail.    In order to keep me as a customer I would appreciate if someone could check my number and suggest how this can be fixed as soon as possible. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, sure. Can you send me a private message with your mobile number please? Please update this thread once you have. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
erikasocial
Dabbler

Data came back again yesterday.   I'm hoping that this was a temporary blip - but thank you for responding. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great to hear, if you do have any further issues do let us know.

GrahamBro

Just received my Plusnet sim, same problem can make calls & text but no data. Using an iPhone 6s, moving over from TalkTalk. Spent ages on the phone to Plusnet they were unable to help, suggested I go to apple shop (60mls away) or a phone shop! My wife is also having the same problem, same phone. 

My old number moves over on Monday, should I try and stop it and stay with TalkTalk? Help🥴

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@GrahamBro Check that your iPhone doesn't have an old profile , if so delete it.

See this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/NO-DATA-no-access-to-APN-settings-on-iphone/td-p/1400224/page/3

Go to Settings - General - Profile.

If there's one still there from TalkTalk then delete it

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GrahamBro

Thanks for that MisterW, that worked great for my phone but no joy with wifes, went to profiles on hers & no profiles there🥴 same phone, again moving from Talktalk to Plusnet. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It's strange how this is so inconsistentHuh. Have you tried your wifes sim in your phone now ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GrahamBro

Just tried that:

her sim in her phone = no data

her sim in my phone = data ok

my sim in her phone = no data

my sim in my phone = data ok

seems to be her phone settings 😩

even tried downloading profile from Talktalk then deleting it, no joy

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It does seem like it's the settings on her phone then.

I'm no iPhone expert I'm afraid, I'm an Android man , but I've seen on here that a reset of the network settings can sometimes work.

This https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-cellular-data-iphone-ipad/ describes some possible fixes , including the network reset.

Hope that helps

GrahamBro

Tried the network reset several times, losing the will to live now🥴 will try a factory reset after backing up tomorrow, thanks for your help mate👍🏼Shame Plusnet weren’t as helpful 🙄