Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: No Data Connection.

Not sure whether it was something I did, or a co-incidence but I'm glad it's starting to work again. Thumbs_Up I've checked for an update on the open problem, but there's none so far, though I suspect it's still being monitored by the right people.

Let us know if you continue to experience further issues, or if anyone else feel free to PM me your mobile number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dq
Hooked

@Gandalf thanks for adding my number and whatever else you did.....Thumbs_Up

jackson_t
Hooked

The problem still exists with my wife's phone. I have twice pm'd the requested details. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@dq no problem at all.

@jackson_t, thanks for the PMs I've passed your mobile number on. Let us know how it goes over the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
elshad12

Hi @Gandalf just to add my thanks for whatever you did – from yesterday I've had 4G and texts back in action. Occasionally I've only had 3G where I've previously had 4G but that's not really a problem as long as it works. I have ordered a SIM from another company in case my Plusnet data packs up again but I will stick around for now! Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @elshad12

I'm glad to hear your data is working again. Do you have issues with not getting 4G anywhere you go? Are you able to try putting your SIM into a different handset to see if you have the same problem?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yoda
Dabbler

Data has dropped off again, now neither me or my wife has connection!

Macc2018
Rising Star

@Yoda wrote:

Data has dropped off again, now neither me or my wife has connection!

I am in the SK11 area and have no data and texts and can not make calls.

have to say its been a poor month for PN and dont understand why it keeps happening as they use the EE network which is very good.

GrayT72

EE are fine, a colleague is on Virgin who also use EE for their backbone. He's got no problems at all, I'm getting fed up with this as the service is getting worse so I'm looking to move myself and my kids over to someone else...

perryw
Hooked

mine gone too in london. both phones.currently trying to cancel as i have giffgaff sims, but they are trying to give me the runaround. not cancelling. I am currently on hold.... update shortly

Yoda
Dabbler

@Macc2018 I am other end of country AB42 area so it is obviously not area dependant Angry

Got to think that it is an issue between PN & EE somewhere along the line?

GrayT72

Seems as though it's countrywide... You can bet its the gateway between the backbone and the PN network that screwed up in some way and they don't have resilience...

Yoda
Dabbler

Data back up on both phones as H+ no 4G yet Undecided

robash

My data dropped out again too this afternoon, first noticed it at 16:30. It's just come back but I can't make calls or send texts. I'm connected to 4G but when I dial a number it drops to 3G. Lots of weird network behaviour going on. As usual there's nothing on the service status page or Twitter, but plenty of reports here and elsewhere (1, 2).

perryw
Hooked

cancelled both services. Customer services are now saying that unless i can produce 'proof' of failure to work, then they wont credit anything. They are pretty much refusing to acknowledge there was a problem.

@Gandalf You sould feed this back. Your customer services are basically refusing to honour terms of contract. I am complaining to ofcom instead.

Also sending an email to bbc radio 4 so people start finding out. shambles of a service. Now looking who i should move my broadband to, cos obviously both parts of company must be similar.