FIXED
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: No Data Connection.

Hi gsk7912,

Mike is away from the office right now. 

If you require any assistance, be sure to send a Private Message to any other of the mobile staff, or give us a call on 500 free from your SIM. 

- Rebeka Smiley

gsk7912
Hooked

Hi Rebeka, I have just texted you.  Can you send it to relevant person if Mike is not available or let me know, who do I send this to?  I have called plusnet before with no luck.  They only suggest that they will send me new sim and that's not working.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gsk7912,

I have picked up your PM and I'll respond shortly. 

For future reference, you can contact any of the mobile staff here on the forum:

@RebekaPreston@SarahStewart@OliGaffney@LivRobinson@MichaelWilliams@CharlieRobinson

We have access to the same tools that our Customer Service agents have and will follow the same steps, but having said this, I'll still help in any way I can. 

- Rebeka 

gsk7912
Hooked

Many thanks Rebeka.  I look forward to hear from you.

Regards

gsk7912
Hooked

Hi Rebeka, have you got any news for me?  I am still waiting and haven't heard back from plusnet. 

LSB
Hooked

I have great news! After two long weeks without mobile data it is now working! Hooray I hear you cry! That's because I have now moved to another provider! The number ported over in 24 hours and the mobile data worked straight away without the need for a comprehensive 10-step troubleshoot! Goodbye Plusnet, I do wish you'd been able to do me proud but sadly not this time! Good luck to all who are still experiencing problems, I hope they are resolved soon. I will say that the majority of the Plusnet staff I communicated with really did try hard to help but what's good customer service if the product itself doesn't actually work?!

Steve_UK
Dabbler

I have also been without mobile data for a couple of weeks, but then I tried it this afternoon (as I have been doing most days) and it works!

Thanks support people, your efforts are appreciated.

gsk7912
Hooked

Hi All, I am trying every couple of hours since couple of months.  Don't know, but no magic happens here.  Still not working. 

@RebekaPreston/Plusnet team, have you got any update? 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gsk7912,

I have picked up and responded to your Private Message. 

- Rebeka 

athlone123
Hooked

Still not working for me either. 

Have repeated the steps and now gathering again the mobile mast signals to send in.

So heading in to the 3rd week unresolved...

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved yet, athlone123.

I'm confident that once our engineers receive the information they'll be able to investigate and implement a fix.

athlone123
Hooked

Thanks Michael.

Unfortunately nothing has worked. I have tried another SIM, called Plusnet Ops again, and spent 1 hour with Apple. We factory restored the phone and still showing the 'PDP authentication failure'.

I've timed out on solutions for now. So will use as an original phone-only handset and explore other options in the autumn...

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm very sorry to hear this is so frustrating, athlone123.

So we can discuss things related to the account, I'll pick this up via PM, but it absolutely shouldn't be the case that we've hit a brick wall with this and I'd like to do everything I can to see this resolved ASAP. 

Neil8

Hi, same problem as everyone on here. No data connection for last two weeks despite it working fine for previous 6 months. Tried all the troubleshooting options to no avail. Michael Williams can you help? Thanks, Neil
Jetmender

Didnt ever manage to get Plusnet data connection on my iPhone (& APN settings not visible).
Changed contract to Tesco mobile, where it worked fine (& APN settings are visible and can be edited).