Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
Jeffrey123

Re: No Data Connection.

Hi Rebeka

I've tried the solutions you mentioned, it's still not working. I've used my colleague's Plusnet sim card, it is working fine with 4G data on my phone, and he also tried my simcard, not data at all. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to do with my phone or settings, it something wrong on sim card side.

LSB
Hooked

Hi Rebeka,

Thank you for your message!

I am well aware that the Community is not an instant messaging platform. I had already phoned 500 and spoken to various agents via live chat before posting a message on the Community page.

To date, nobody has been able to resolve the issue regarding the mobile data not working.

You should be applauded for putting together such a comprehensive check list for those of us having problems with our mobile data. Sadly after following your instructions, I am still not able to access my mobile data (I'm already on my second SIM!)

I will now be looking for a provider who can actually provide me with a working product. Plusnet need to be transparent with their customers about this issue. Looking on the Community page, the same issue has been raised time and time again and has still not been resolved. 

A word of warning to those of you, like me, who will be cancelling within the first 14 days. To access a refund, Plusnet will close your account within 2 hours of requesting a PAC code so make sure you have your new contract sorted or you may find yourself without a useable mobile phone! If you have used your Plusnet SIM to text or make phone calls, Plusnet may not give you a full refund either. Good luck all! I had high hopes for Plusnet but they sadly did not do me proud!!!!!

pablo8675
Hooked

I have just seen this on a great deal forum i use

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/6gb-4g-data-2500-mnutes-unlimited-texts-30-days-sim-10-month-plusne...

I think the public should know the truth before signing up with PlusNet. This sim only should not be allowed to be sold!!!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Jeffrey123,

I can see that this has been picked up via Private Message by another staff member.

As soon as they have an update on this, they'll be sure to let you know.

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pablo8675,

I have picked up your Private Message and I'll respond shortly.

- Rebeka 

Mobileprob
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi MichaelWilliams, I have the same issue reported by all the other users on this post. Every time you appear to be the hero that fixes it! Please help me too!! I have sent you a private message. I have followed all the steps outlines in Rebekah’s post. My Plusnet sim does not work in other phones I have tried. Their sims work fine on my phone, including 02, Vodafone and another Plusnet sim. This really does look like a Plusnet issue at your end. My thanks in advance for any support you can give. To the rest of the forum, I will report back if Michael fixes it... 8 days since I moved to Plusnet and still no data...
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mobileprob

Mike is away from the office right now, so I'll pick this up from here.

I completely understand your frustrations with this, but I can assure you that Mike has the same access to the system that all the mobile staff have and will follow the same troubleshooting guides.

As advised within the guide, If the issue persists, please send myself or any other mobile staff member a Private Message with the following information and we can look into this further.

• A list of all the troubleshooting steps tried
    Which carrier setting is stored on the handset
    Plusnet mobile number
    Plusnet account number
    Latest version of your IOS/Android software

Rest assured Mobileprob, we'll help in any way we can to get your data up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks,

- Rebeka

Mobileprob
Dabbler

Thank you Rebekah. I have sent you a message. To the rest of this forum I will let you know if this gets fixed. Fingers crossed...
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mobileprob,

I have picked up your PM and will respond shortly.

- Rebeka 

SoSo

Hi All,

I am a newbie who ported his number to plusnet. Wishing I had never set on this path,

On Thursday 26th June I popped in my PlusNet sim into my Samsung galaxy s6 edge plus. Called plusnet to activate and then wait upto 24 hours. Friday voice and sms ok but no data. on Saturday 30th June phoned 500 and went through APN settings with advisor but no joy. Told new sim will be in the post. Tuesday 3rd July. New sim arrived. This was activated no data connection. Went through all the APN settings still no joy. Told to try connecting to internet 3 times at 2 hour interval. Reported that no web pages were available. This was passed to operations team and they would look into it and get in touch in 3 t0 5 days. On Wednesday tried a sim from 3 network in my phone. Logged onto web by 4G instantly. Tried my plusnet sim in another Samsung galaxy no joy. Tried my phone 60 miles away still no data connection. On Friday 6th July via web chat I informed the advisor that the 3 network sim works in my phone ok. I was told to put my plusnet sim in another phone on sunday 8th July. Today. Connect onto web. Repeat at 2 hour intervals and report back. This I did today and obviously I was never going to connect to any website. The reply I got was that this will be passed to operations and they will get back to me between 3 to 5 days. The question is: Am I being given a run around and some is having a laugh or is the plusnet expertise in question.

Mobileprob
Dabbler

SoSo, I am in exactly the same position and have precisely the same issue. Other sims work fine, only one that doesn’t work is my ‘new’ Plusnet sim that doesn’t work in my or any other phone. Conincidence maybe but my first sim also arrives last Thursday, like yourself... I have had lots of different stories/explanations from the 500 number and numerous ‘it is with operations, it takes up to 5 days’... it has now been 8-9 days.... still no internet for me... let us know please if you get it working and also what fix they apply. Likewise if I get an explanation I will share it.
dcontrol
Hooked

I honestly know your frustration as I am the OP of this thread and have experienced it. It seems as if you've got the same trouble as many of us have had. One thing I'd like to say is that I have to commend the Plusnet staff on this forum as try their best to help but this particular problem often stumps them. There is a solution to this problem. Mine was fixed by personal messaging MichaelWilliams who sorted it all out. He seems to be the only one that can fix this issue but from what I see in the thread he is currently away or not in the office. As I say that I mean no disrespect to all the other Plusnet staff that have commented in the thread offering their help.
Mobileprob
Dabbler

I agree. The Plusnet staff are always keen to help. Do you happen to know what fix Michael did? I saw another thread where Plusnet admitted that there was a problem but there doesn’t appear to be any acceptance on this one. How long did yours take to fix?
dcontrol
Hooked

From what I can remember from the private messages, he had to have access to my Plusnet account and investigated it from there. Not sure what he did entirely but I had data about half an hour later. I was extremely happy with the result and I've had no problems since that day. If it wasn't for his help I would have 100% left Plusnet in the 14 day period. I'm just glad that this thread has been able to help other people out mostly and let them read about some of the problems we've faced. I hope you can get yours sorted too.
pablo8675
Hooked

4 days after reporting this and still no fix. A few weeks after ordering sim and still no fix. I even received another sim through the post! what is going on??? How come you fix everybody elses from the sounds of things (in half an hour!!!) and I am still waiting. I hope I get a response today or I am taking this down the legal route. Its beyond a joke now!