Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

KTILBURY
Dabbler

No Data Connection.

Hi 

I am a new Sim only customer - with Existing Samsung S7 on EE  with working dataconnection on EE- I ported my number over 4 days ago,  Phone and Text are fine on Sim card provided. Set up new APN settings as per Plusnet website instructions - removed sim card, replaced etc and no joy. 

Called Customer support who have issued me a new Sim which arrived today

Went through similar process - called to activate Sim, deleted old APN added new setting, and still no joy! 

Its not my phone as worked perfectly OK with EE - so must be something with Plusnets back end systems! 

Help! 

Thanks

Kathy

7 REPLIES 7
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: No Data Connection.

Hi @KTILBURY, thank you for getting in touch!

I'm really sorry to hear about your problem accessing data.

There's a chance that your old network profile is still active on the handset.

This can usually be found by going to Settings > General > Profiles.

Please delete any incorrect profiles and restart the phone!

Thank you

-Oli

KTILBURY
Dabbler

Hi Oli, 

Thank for the reply - I have tried Sim on another phone - an old Samsung S5 I have here - thats unlocked - same issue as before - no data connection - I left sim out for 10 minutes before trying it and added in the new Plusnet Apn settings!

So I have put  Sim back in to S7 - having left it for 10 minutes again - and put back in!

Cant find any where in settings for profiles - despite having a good look round - but did see Sim Status - see attached image.

Any other ideas?  

Kathy

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

The settings for profiles may be found under 'Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names'.

KTILBURY
Dabbler

Hi Micheal 

Thanks for your postl - I  am unable to delete or edit the two default ones (Internet and MMS) is there any other way of getting to these  ie through file system?  (see screen shot)

But have set up a new APN with the settings supplied by Plusnet and that the one selected!

Regards

Kathy

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The SIM should be able to draw the correct settings automatically from the network.

EE Internet is the correct one to use - out of interest, does the 'Internet' one below it allow you to receive data?

It would appear we may have to investigate this a bit more thoroughly, so if you could Private Message me your Plusnet mobile number that would be great.

KTILBURY
Dabbler

Hi Micheal 

Thanks will PM you! 

Kathy

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Kathy, I've replied to you now Smiley