Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
Steve_UK
Dabbler

Re: No Data Connection.

Thanks for that Mark - glad they don't make it too easy for us!  What a boring life it would be, eh?

Raziel26

Hi, I'm having the same problem after porting my number, no data with the PDP authentication error after having done all of the troubleshooting steps with the SIM card, changing network, clearing settings, soft reset and and power off restart.

Posting so that I can PM

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all, 

I understand you may have already tried this, but can please give the handset another re-boot. It's important that when doing so, the SIM has been removed from the handset entirely.

• Turn the handset off
  • Remove the SIM card
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

thanks, 

- Rebeka 

Steve_UK
Dabbler

Hi Rebeka,

Yes I had tried that before, but have just repeated it and still no data connection.

Thanks,

Steve

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Steve, 

I have picked up your PM and I'll respond shortly.

- Rebeka 

Mark_H
Hooked

My Data started working today, nothing I did. It was the magic of @

robbo2

Hi

I have the same problem.

Ported from another provider, phone and text works, but attempts to use data return PDP authentication error.

I have soft reset, reset network settings, removed sim, changed network selection manually.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Raziel26

Removing the sim and rebooting again fixed for me after 2 days of no connection, worth persevering with it

robbo2

Okay thanks, will keep trying that periodically.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

alasdairw

@alasdairw wrote: 

New sim is on its way, if it doesn't work, I'll be leaving

New sim arrived today. No data. Went through troubleshooting procedures. No data.

Moving carrier yet again!

LSB
Hooked

Morning PN Community!

I have the same issues as everybody else! 3 SIMs for 3 different mobiles, numbers have ported across but no mobile data Sad

Help required please! I've already tried all troubleshooting and still nothing! Plusnet are yet to do me proud but I live in hope!

daddyneenor

It seems it's not just porting numbers - my mums brand new number with PN is not getting data either even though she has 4gb

Mucknfuddle
Hooked

Same problems as everyone else, number ported over fine on Friday, tried all the resets and fixes but no joy , will have to look elsewhere if it does not get fixed soon

Don’t want to have to try all the same steps over and over , just fix it from your end please ..... using a iPhone 6s and ported number from an EE sim ....
Steve_UK
Dabbler

It'll come as no surprise to learn that my replacement SIM arrived this morning and was activated very quickly by the helpdesk people, but exactly the same as everyone else it seems - still no data connection.

And now it appears that Rebecca, who was trying to sort this out via direct messaging with me, isn't around today.

I wonder how long this is going to drag on for?!!!

alasdairw

Spoke again with Plusnet on Sunday evening, the young man was very inexperienced and was of no help.

Requested my PAC code and ordered a SIM from EE, they have a great deal on at the moment.

Very painful and disappointing experience with Plusnet.