No Data Connection.

FIXED
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: No Data Connection.

Hi 80126921,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

If you have any previously stored network profiles on your handset, I would advise to delete these and then re-boot by performing the following:

• Turn your handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

I would also advise to reset your network settings via the handset itself. 

Once we have tried all the general troubleshooting at a Customer Service level. The next step is to gather 3 examples of the issue to escalate to our Operations Team, who then liaise further with the EE network to find out what could be causing this and implement a fix. 

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when waiting for the results from these examples however, we do have to allow up to a 5 working day timescale for the Operations Team to perform a thorough investigation. 

If you have sent these across to us, I can assure you 80126921, that the Team will be working on this to resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

- Rebeka 

Did you even read my post @RebekaPreston  ?  I've already done all of that. The problem is a split port or some other issue at your end.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can assure you 80126921, that I did read your initial post however, as you didn't mention the reset network settings or profile option, I thought it would be worth a try to troubleshoot this first; my apologies for any confusion caused. 

If you've given us these 3 examples, I can assure you the Team will be liaising with your previous network provider, to try and resolve this as soon as possible. 

- Rebeka 

idhawkins

Hi  80126921, Michael Williams fixed the issue for me, he had to modify something within my account settings, and suddenly data and 4g came back on again.  I have seen very similar complaints from people who move their number between providers using the orange/ee/bt network infrastructure.  It appears that porting your number within the network very often breaks the data,  I have seen complaints from people who ported their number from ee  to Virgin cussing out Virgin.  Something in the  system sometimes doesnt handle it properly, and it requires intervention from a tech.  Previously I  moved across carriers with my number, O2 to vodaphone, vodaphone to three, three to ee etc, and it worked each time.

I've ported from Virgin ,  it's obviously an issue with the port as the same SIM in the same phone worked perfectly until I sent them the PAC code. What really grinds my gears is that it's been over a week since I gave them the 3 timestamped SMS attempts and they sent me a new SIM which has exactly the same problem....then they tell me to do 3 attempts again grrr. 

I PM'd @MichaelWilliams last night, but no response yet.  

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 80126921,

@MichaelWilliams is away from the office right now. 

I'm afraid we'd be unable to push this through any faster at a Customer Service level. Should any porting issues arise, these are escalated to our Operations Team at a higher network level for further investigation. 

I understand idhawkins advised that Michael had helped with his account however, I cannot advise of the specific issue that idhawkins had. If it could have been resolved via our system, Michael would have helped in any way he could. 

From what you have explained regarding your issue, this cannot be resolved by myself or Michael. The best resolution for this, is through the 3 examples that have been sent to our Operations Team. 

I'd be unable to implement a fix for this however, if you would like to send me a Private Message with your details, I can certainly check the account for any updates from the Team. 

- Rebeka 

Iv
Hooked

Well it says the site is down for maintenance. So no help!!!!!
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Apologies for my absence - I'm back now, and will be around over the weekend if anybody has any issues they'd like me to look into.

I've replied to all my PMs so I'm ready to help as soon as we pass account security Smiley

@MichaelWilliams sorted it.  Thanks Michael , you should probably write down what you did and pass it round the rest of the staff , in case you're on Holiday the next time someones port goes wrong.  A whole month without data or SMS isn't doing me proud.

jonjm1955

Hi Michael, I'm getting no data connection on one of my PN mobile phones and customer services seem unable to assist, although the lady I spoke with this morning appeared to be doing all she could. Can you assist me please? I'm on my 5th replacement SIM from PN! Thank you.
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear you've had such issues getting this sorted so far, jonjm1955, but I'll be able to get this sorted for you.

Please click my name, then 'Send Message', let me know your Plusnet Mobile number and I can open up the account and get started Smiley

Iv
Hooked

Tried just about everything. Support over phone, private messages. Apple. It seems that problem is with APN setting and no one seems to have an answer why IPhone 6 Plus isn’t showing apn option once service got transferred to Plusnet from TalkTalk Mobile on 24 th of April. So month without Mobile Data and a Plusnet Support stopped replying to my private messages week ago but they did send me a bill. Extremely disappointed and frustrated with the whole thing. If anyone had similar problem or even better solution please help!
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm very sorry Iv, I've been out of the office for five days. I've replied to your PM now, and I'm confident we can get your issue resolved quickly from here on out.

Iv
Hooked

Sorry Michael you will have to do better than writing meaningless replies. Be specific what have you got for me?
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid I haven't been able to open up the account and take a look as we haven't passed security yet. I was just referring to the fact I'm back in the office from today, around until 10pm all week and have some time to take this on Smiley