Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: No Data Connection.

Sorry to hear you're having data issues, 22209479, but I'm here to help. Please send me a PM to get started Smiley

Hi Michael.  Thanks for getting back promptly.

I got a new mobile from PN last week, My old number got ported successfully today.  Been trying to access data since yesterday but to no avail.  Tried setting up access points, took out sim and restarted etc. Still it's not connecting to data.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, it may be that the port hasn't quite finished yet, and those files responsible for the data packets aren't with us yet. In any event, please click my name, then 'send private message' over on the right, and we can open up the account and take a look at what's going on here.

jambow84

HI Michael,

I'm having the same issue. Imported my number from EE and now not getting any data access. Tried the reset and APN fixes but to no avail. Hopefully you can check this for me.

Cheers,

James

Lewser

Hi Michael, I too have joined the ranks of new PN SIM only customers who cannot access data services after porting. I have spoken to customer services a couple of times now and tried all of the fixes suggested and listed during this thread to no avail. Hopefully you'll be able to help.

Many thanks

Lewi

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear you're having data issues Lewser; I've replied to your PM now Smiley

demon14
Grafter

Hi Michael, I too have joined the ranks of new PN SIM only customers who are unable to access data services after porting.

I have tried the previous fixes mentioned in this thread, but I'm still unable to get any data.

Hopefully you can help

Tim

Sarahjane

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to say that I too have the same issue with no mobile data! My number porting took 8 days to happen, and seemed to complete sometime yesterday, and at the same time, I all of a sudden have no mobile data. whilst I was using the temporary number before the Port, mobile data was fine. Hope you can help me too 🙂

thanks

Sarahjane

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, sorry to hear this Sarahjane (both the data issue, and that your port seemingly hit a snag.)

If you haven't received a text message or email to say the port has completed, the most likely explanation is that the port is still going through, and you should be able to use data once everything is finished.

I'd like to open up your account and have a look at what's going on - could you please Private Message me with your full name and address and I can get started? Smiley

Sarahjane

Hi Michael, very strangely, the 4G has just come back on! Fingers crossed this will be it, but thank you for your reply, and I will message you if it goes off again - Thank you 🙂

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hooray, I'm glad to hear it! Please do let me know if there's ever anything I can do in future. Smiley 

idhawkins

I have had no data (or 4g signal indicator  - i had 4g before with the sim) since porting in my ee number to my PN account.  Phone works fine, just no data.  Data used to work before the port on the PN sim with the old number.  So I phoned customer service and got a new sim. No different, no data.  I have the correct APN settings, have tried rebooting the phone many times and have tried a different phone. Same problem - no data.   Very frustrating !.  

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd love to try and get this sorted for you, idhawkins - please private message me your full name and address and we can get started Smiley 

I have the same problem. Data & SMS worked fine until I sent the PAC code through. Once my phone number changed I had no data and couldn't send SMS. I phoned Plusnet who rather frustratingly told me to try sending 3 texts 2 hours apart , and write down the time sent, and number, Which I did , they then said it'd take a week for the "service centre" to diagnose the fault.   So I waited patiently, then a new SIM turned up in the post, so I activated that , exact same problem.  Phoned plusnet who just said to put the old SIM back in and try 3 texts , 2 hours apart..... sound familiar (grrr)       I put the old SIM back in and it was completely dead , no SMS, no data, no phone..... 4 phone calls to plusnet later I'm still none the wiser, hoping @MichaelWilliams can sort it out as the call centre staff seem to have no idea.  I've tried all the fixes on this forum, added APN,  refreshed my SMSC number....  I did notice that whilst in the phone diagnostic test the GPRS just won't connect. it tries then says "disconnected". I've tried a BT sim in the phone, which is also on the EE network, and it worked perfectly straight away.