cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
mw

Re: No Data Connection.

Argh, had no data for 2 weeks now since porting over from EE (same network so no idea why it doesn't work)

Done everything suggested regarding reset data neworks, edited APN, etc and still nothing..

This is not "doing me Proud"!!!!!!!

Matt

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear you're having some data issues, mw.

I've received your Private Message, and I'll reply straight away and we can begin to troubleshoot Smiley

Kitchwolf

i dont seem to be able to pm him Sad as i cant find an option to do this @MichaelWilliams 

I have just (fri) upgraded my package and my daughters package now my daughters sim has data connection but mine does not Cry

Edit .... I have just been upgraded to newbie i have now been able to pm you Smiley

Tags (1)
blair

I can't get data after porting. I'm not sure how to go about moving this forwards, but I have checked and manually updated APN, rebooted etc etc. I think the problem is your end?

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm very sorry to hear this, blair.

If you're porting your number, you may experience some disruption to your data service whilst the port is completing. If you haven't received a port completion confirmation email/text message, it sounds as if that's what's happening here.

If your port has completed and you're still experiencing issues, please send me a Private Message and I can begin to look into things.

blair

The data went live sometime yesterday evening! Many thanks, was a bit worried. The "short delay" should really be updated to give an accurate reflection of the window, e.g. the process can take several hours, etc.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm very glad to hear your data's now working, blair. Sorry to hear it took a little while, and I'll be sure to feed back your suggestion about updating the information given.

Please feel free to drop me a message if you'd like to make any other changes to the account - as it's relatively new, you may want to change your Smart Cap, or Direct Debit date, for instance, or set up text message bundle notifications Smiley

Cumbriag

I have the same problem as many others and my smartphone does not work as a smartphone at all - it will only do calls and texts.  I can only connect to the internet at home by wi-fi and anywhere else I get 'no data connection'. From reading the forum it seems you are the man who can fix this problem but I have only just started and have no idea how to send you a private message.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies, Cumbriag, I've only just seen this post.

The good news is that I picked up and replied to your PM this morning, so I'm ready to get stuck in to troubleshooting when you are! Smiley

mrsyh

Same problem with my new Motorola E3 which I've had since mid- October. Mobile data worked for a week or then stopped. Have been on the phone to PlusNet & Motorola for hours, have sent the phone for repair - still no mobile data. By posting this, maybe I too can PM Michael Williams.

Cumbriag

Hello mrsyh,

You've probably been contacted by Michael by now, but I have to tell you that in spite of his best efforts he didn't manage to sort out the problem, even by sending me a new SIM. 

Michael had the idea it's something to do with the masts where I live in Cumbria, but I suspect it's related to the Motorola E3 as my son gets a data connection on his Samsung when he's visiting, and he's on Plusnet as well.

However, my husband has managed to get a data connection by trying other things suggested by different people on this forum.

First he changed the APN settings in the phone to those specified on the Plusnet web-site but that made no difference.

After that he changed the settings to those posted on the forum by SeeriousGlen on 29th January 2017.  It still didn't work. 

Then he did what andrewpurkis201 had suggested in a post on 18/8/17. This seemed to work but included turning roaming on, so whether his other change was important or not I do not know. I wasn't happy having data roaming turned on in case the phone connected to the wrong network and I got big charges, but I found that once I had a data connection I could turn data roaming off and it kept the connection to EE. 

So now I basically have SeeriousGlen's APN settings with andrewpurkis201's modification.  If you can't find these posts I can copy them into a reply but I'm not sure they are all necessary.

Even with these changes, once I come home and connect to the Internet by wifi, it loses the data connection and doesn't make a connection again when I leave the house.  To get a connection I have to go through some of the steps in  andrewpurkis201's post every time I go out. i.e. turn data roaming on; turn aeroplane mode on ; turn aeroplane mode off again. Immediately I get the icon come up next to the signal strength symbol telling me I've got 4G, 3G, H or whatever (depending on the signal strength) and can turn data roaming off again and it keeps the data connection.

I suggest you just try this first as I'm not sure whether the changes to the APN settings were relevant or not.  It's a bit annoying having to remember to do this every time I go out of wifi range, but it only takes a few seconds and is cheaper than buying a new phone!

Hope it works for you.  Please let me know.

mrsyh

Hello Cumbriag

Thanks for this. Michael has enabled me to get data connection sometimes, but, like you, it disappears again, so I'll try your tips. Many thanks for replying.

mrsyh

I have now tried your tip for a couple of weeks or so, and it's worked each time! So here it is again for anyone else who might need it:  turn data roaming on; turn aeroplane mode on ; turn aeroplane mode off again. Immediately you get the icon come up next to the signal strength symbol telling you you've got 4G, 3G, H or whatever (depending on the signal strength), turn data roaming off again and it keeps the data connection. 

It is, as you say, a bit fiddly, but I don't use mobile data very often, so it works for me.

Thanks very much for your help.

I am having problems connecting to mobile data on my new Plusnet sim. I set up the access point names, took sim out, restarted my Samsung S4 several times over the last two days.  Yet it's not working. 

Hi @MichaelWilliams, I am having the same issue.  Please can you help me with this.  Thanks.