Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
MikeAustin
Dabbler

Re: No Data Connection.

Data now sorted by MichaelWilliams. PM him if you want yours fixed as well. It just involves giving him name, address and two letters from your chosen word and he fixes something back at base.

dcontrol
Hooked

I have just pm'd him now to ask for his assistance. If it can't be done then I'll try the new sim when it arrives instead. If he can work his magic though I'll be most grateful.
df

Also having this problem. Getting a "PDP  Authentication failure" message on iphone. Calls/Texts are fine.

Transferred both my and my wife's mobiles to Plus Net on Thursday, called them with this no data issue and they said it will work within 24hours. 3 days later still nothing... Will PM Michael and hope he can fix...

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@df

Don't know if this will apply to yourself (or any other iPhone users here) but if you connect the phone to a PC and iTunes and choose the 'Sync' option this has been known to work I believe,

Mathewsully
Hooked

I think the sad fact is that this is a problem that can be solved but you have to complain first on a public forum. I was told, like so many others, that it was a problem that only a SIM card would fix. When I replied with that not being good enough compared to other networks a remote solution was found. After the PM to Micheal my data is now working.

This leads me to the very sad conclusion that your time is worth less than there's, and rather than spend the time fixing there data issue for you they would rather offer you the quick cheap fix of a restart with a new sim. SIM cards are cheaper than a good customer service team!
MikeAustin
Dabbler

Of course, but where else can you get such a good sim-only deal for the prices they offer? They have to do things on the cheap and, with the right feedback from people like us, they may get it right first time for new customers. 

dcontrol
Hooked

I'm very happy to report that my data issue has now been resolved thanks to the help of MichaelWilliams who has been most helpful.
spiderfx

I've had my plusnet sim for a few months now, and the only time I can access the internet is when I'm in my house and connected to my Sky Wi-Fi. Outside nothing. I can send and receive texts. Getting a bit fed up with this. Never had this problem with TalkTalk. I've tried some of the fixes on here and nothing. My phone is a Motorola Moto E3. Unable to PM MichaelWilliams as "Contact Me" link doesn't work. Any help very much appreciated.

df

I think to send a message you need to post something on the forum (which you have now) so you may now be able to message him?

Michael sorted mine when I messaged him and he told me the wife can either message him on here, or via their twitter or facebook message. She messaged on Facebook and they replied very quick and had it working within 15minutes. All been working fine since.

Hope you get it sorted.

spiderfx

Thanks

petebetros

My number ported over this morning and so far no data signal. Have tried new APN but still nothing; was working with original number Sad

manicsteve

I also have exactly the same problem, my number ported on Wednesday and now I have no data connection.

Checked the APN settings, called 500 and went through checks etc. no solution available. Support stated to call back if I try in another phone and it does not work and they will send out a new sim to try. But I see I am not the only one with the same problem!

Data did work originally before my old number was ported across.

MikeAustin
Dabbler

All those who are posting with the same loss of data after a phone number change, please read the two possible solutions in this thread, i.e.:

a) Ask for a new sim (your new number should be on it), or

b) PM MichaelWilliams to sort it for you. It just involves giving him name, address and two letters from your chosen word and he fixes something back at base.

Plusnet do not seem bothered about fixing this problem such that it never occurs in the first place.

manicsteve

I could not agree more with the above post, Mike Williams sorted the issue out for me the next day! Plusnet support just wanted to issue a new sim.

Thank you so much Mike!

Simonarnott

I have been having this PDP Authentication Failure on my Iphone 6 for over a week now.   I cannot send or receive messages unless I am on Wifi.  I am only receiving 3G mobile network.  My partner, also on Plusnet (but with an Android device) receives 4G?Huh

I've tried calling Plusnet Customer Services 2 different times and I've spent 2 1/2 hours on to Apple.  Each time I get through to a new person they suggest something else, but nothing has worked.

Plusnet have now suggested sending a replacement SIM - I don't believe this is the route cause!

If this is resolved this week I will have no other alternative other than to cancel my contract with Plusnet.

Please, please, please can somebody sort it???