cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection

vienly
Dabbler

No Data Connection

I understand this is a wide spread problem, however I'm also experiencing the same issue with no data connection since joining Plusnet mobile.

I've restarted the phone, manually added the APN from the link below, but still nothing works.

I highly doubt this is a SIM issue.

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

I've provide my PAC code to Plusnet but now I fear I will be without data for a long while since trawling through this forum it seems this data issue has been on going for weeks.

Is there anyway for me to retract the number Port? I don't want to be stuck without data and moving to another provider may be the only solution?

Some help would be most appreciated Plusnet Mods.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: No Data Connection

Hi vienly,

Our network engineers are aware of an issue regarding data. They are working on a fix to resolve this for existing customers however, a fix was implemented last night for new customers. We should have an update on this later today.

With regards to your PAC, I'm afraid we would need to wait until this has been completed if you have already processed this with us.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries. 

- Rebeka 

vienly
Dabbler

Thank you for the response Rebeka, however I am a new customer having only received the activation SMS 'Welcome to Plusnet Mobile...." from Plusnet last night and yet data still does not work after reboots/checking APN and resetting to default.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi vienly,

You can try giving your phone a re-boot.

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This refreshes the signal to the SIM card.

- Rebeka 

vienly
Dabbler

Hi Rebeka,

After waiting 15 minutes of leaving the SIM card out and turning back on, as expected there is still no data connection.

I don't believe the fix has worked for some 'new' users including me.

Can you think of any other suggestions?

Thank you

SpottedDick
Dabbler

I joined 6th Jan. Replacement SIM received yesterday, still no data connection even after following your instructions. Number ported ok though. Looking now to cancel within the 14 day period unless this issue is resolved soon.
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

SpottedDick
Dabbler

Ok, understood. When will there be a fix for existing customers experiencing this problem? The feeling now is that we're being overlooked. Are you able to help me directly?
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid I'll be unable to help you direct or provide you with a timescale as to when this will be resolved. The engineers are working on it as we speak and we should have an update on this later today. 

- Rebeka 

SpottedDick
Dabbler

Thanks for replying. I appreciate that you and your colleagues are not to blame for this and are having to deal with the onslaught of complaints. I hope the issue is resolved soon.
newcomerhere
Dabbler

Customer with no data connection
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @newcomerhere

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your data connection. However, I did respond to your private message over the weekend but sadly I didn't receive a response. 

I've sent you another private message this morning, as we'd really like to do all we can to help and resolve the matter for you. -Ashleigh