cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection - iphone 11

skelly99
Hooked

No Data Connection - iphone 11

Hi -  I recently moved 5 SIMs to PlusNet.  All iphones but differing models. 

Two of the phones do not get any data.  The other 3 work OK.   Phoned PlusNet and went through

1) Settings/reset/reset network settings
2) settings /mobile data/network selection - switched automatic off selected other provider -  restart phone

None of above worked so was sent new SIM.  New SIM arrived for one of the failing handsets today but still no data

Seems numerous posts around this issue but no fixes seem to work for me.

The two SIMs not working are for two of my sons so as you can imagine this is 'shocking'

Any help welcomed.  

5 REPLIES 5
iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: No Data Connection - iphone 11

Not sure if it will work but try the following:

• To check for new carrier settings update on your iPhone 11, go to Settings-> General-> About menu. Stay on this menu for a few seconds and wait for the update message to appear. If a new carrier update is up for grabs, then it will be indicated on the message prompt. Otherwise, you won’t see any message prompt at all.

skelly99
Hooked

Hi - tried your suggestion - there was no message regarding message carrier

Any other suggestions welcomed?Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for moving your mobiles to us @skelly99 

I’m sorry to see two of them can’t get data.

Have you tried one of the SIMs which doesn’t work, in a phone that you know works with a Plusnet SIM?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
skelly99
Hooked

So managed to get these working - previous supplier was sky and in both phones there was a sky mobile profile still in place - when this was removed data started to work - I did call plusnet 3 times was sent new sims but they were unable to fix - I’m surprised plusnet could not fix as surely there’s lots of people transfer from sky to plusnet - in the end it was a lot of internet searching to work this fix out for ourselves
targetn72

Hi. I have the same issue. My previous sim was from Virgin.
How did you get it to work?
I understand that I need to update network settings just can’t figure out how. Thanks