cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data - Android

johnturnerbrit

Re: No Data - Android

Thanks Rebeka. That helps to know we are getting somewhere.

Ravelin

Same here, new SIM card arrived and put in phone yesterday. Only did a quick trial calling from my home phone and that seemed to work as phone rang. Absolutely no data on the phone though.I've a dual sim phone and if I switch the data connection back to my old SIM it's fine.

I'll not be initiating a port of my number until it's working, and if it isn't then I'll be cancelling within the 14 days.

Really poor show from Plusnet not to proactively make it clear to their customers that there was a problem. I've had numerous calls from Plusnet asking me if I wanted to take up the offer after pre-registering, if they can spend so much time calling people to sell the service maybe they'd be better switching some to dealing with customer problems (at least answering the phone).

fuller
Hooked

@RebekaPreston,

Will the fix for already activated people require a new SIM?

Also my number disconnected from GiffGaff last Friday after submitting my PAC to you. My number has still not charged. Was told yesterday midnight (last night) at latest as plusnet submitted it late. What is going on? I need my number and can't even cancel because you guys messed up the porting!
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

This morning I have EDGE data, but nothing faster.   What are the rest of you seeing this morning?  

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
fuller
Hooked

I have 4 G.

25 down 8 up. Same speed my wife gets on EE here.

Might be worth resetting your APN settings to default and removing and replacing SIM.
alocke
Hooked

Finally data is working for me!! I am able to get a 4G signal (north Surrey area). Speed test results show ~20MBPS download speed for me! Hope it lasts... Now have to think about how long the port request is going to take and whether it is worth the effort with recent events...

johnturnerbrit

Data working for me too.... 4G

.... Now need some compensation for data loss/ misinformation / frustration/ good will gesture!

Ravelin

Data is working for me too now. Just the process of porting my number over to kick off now, if I dare.

SpottedDick
Dabbler

My port went through ok via CS staff. Tried first using the text method but didn't get any text in response.

SpottedDick
Dabbler

Kelly: I've got 4G    ~20Mb/s down and ~9Mb/s up.   I'm in Sheffield.

Kelly
Hero

Very weird!  Something odd on my side perhaps.  This is what I'm seeing in the mobile networks config:

Kelly Dorset
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Kelly Phone off - sim out - have a brew - sim in - phone on .... hopefully better mast? - working now?

uncle_fungus

Well, EDGE is the fastest 2G connection you can have, so you need to try and change the mode to be LTE.

Kelly
Hero

Tried that, also it's been EDGE since first thing this morning at home and now while in the office in the middle of Sheffield Smiley

Kelly Dorset
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

We have been working hard overnight with our suppliers to fix the configuration issue which left some customers without mobile data. This has now been fixed and data should be up and running. 

We do apologise for this and we'll be contacting and refunding all customers who have been affected.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. 

- Rebeka