cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data - Android

cemmy074
Hooked

Re: No Data - Android

sorry my fault yes it is mcafee anti virus program which looks like an app  on lg but you can't uninstall on lg g3. factory installed.when you put another simcard it is chargeable which you don't know until checking bill..

ianking
Hooked

I think that Mcafee AV used to be on my LG G2... I rooted the phone some time ago and removed it along with some of the other LG junk using an app called "Uninstall" (bought so it must be worth it!) 🙂

Best Regards..

Ian

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

I had a quick look and if you're trying to disable the McAfee then this post may help:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/512761-how-can-i-uninstall-mcafee-off-my-mobile.html#post4612...

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Has anybody out there tried inputting default or default,mms or default,suppl in the APN Type section rather than internet+mms or * as suggested by the set up instructions?

(Plus as mentioned by another, you could try deleting the previous suppliers APN settings if your phone permits this? IF you try deleting I'd make a note of these settings just in case. Whatever is written on the original APN Type might also be worth a try with the new APN Type)

edit. Just checked another android phone here and possibly default,mms,suppl might be worth a go too.

Only trying to help and if anything I've suggested doesn't work then sorry about that.

cemmy074
Hooked

Did you try rhese settings? Coz i done but no luck. I dont rhink it is phone setting it is network problem even when i put the sim windows phone i put all setting(which shows life on them) still no internet.it is network problem not about setting
Colin_Maybe
Pro

I've deleted everything in mine bar the EE Internet APN even the mms one. My APN Type is set to *

I might add that I've had no problems whatsoever.

This is on an Android phone (if that makes any difference), a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

DS
Seasoned Champion

cemmy074,

No, I have no reason to try the settings as I'm staying with my current supplier and I'm sorry they didn't help you:(

The only reason I posted the above was because some time ago, a friend of a friend moved their android phone to another network and the APN settings they were given did not work - similar to the reports on these forums. It was only after adding one of the above (I can't remember which one worked for him so posted the ones I either knew or as per my edit what's on one of our unlocked phones) that then gave his phone working data.

Colin_Maybe,

That kind of rules out one of my theories.

Although I may be mixing them up, I was sure the android phone that was fixed by adding one of the combinations above was previously on Vodaphone (although I know it wasn't a rebadged Huwaei).

The other phone was an iPhone, possibly on the Vodaphone network which again had a data issue. Finding the Vodaphone profile and deleting that cured this one too (iirc the profile was not in the APN settings, but it's been a while since I've messed with an iPhone).

Colin_Maybe
Pro

I never actually used the Vodafone network (no chance around here) as I immediately unlocked it and went to O2 and then Giffgaff.

ianking
Hooked

Yes I did try that. No it doesn't work. Out of curiosity I tried the SIM in a windows 10 mobile and had exactly the same no data problem. So IMHO, it's a networking/SIM problem.

Could someone who has data working on android please try that "SIM Card Manager" App from the Play Store and then let us know what the SIM Operator code and Network Operator codes are. Just the codes please. They will start with 234. DO NOT show a screen shot as it will show device IME and SIM serial number which you really don't want to broadcast to the world. I have this theory that although it shouldn't matter (if the mobile network end has been configured correctly) it might well be if those 2 codes are not identical then the plusnet network won't allow data. On my plusnet SIM one is the code for t-mobile and the other the code for orange. When I put an EE payg SIM in the phone, both say EE.(code 23430). This difference could be a red herring BTW >-}}}}. I did ask a helpful CS about this but that was beyond their training level (but that's not their fault).

Best Regards..

Ian

Best Regards..

Ian

adrens
Dabbler

Another user in this thread said they have a working SIM with a 234 33 IMSI:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Mobile-data-issues-affect-some-Plusnet-SIM-cards-but-not-all/m-...

My wife's SIM (not working) is left at home in an old phone - awaiting a replacement SIM on a loose whim that it might fix it - a few more days before the 14 day cooling off period and an attempt to cancel!

Someone in plusnet technical should know what the issue is by now (hopefully!) as it seems to be happening such a lot and it would be good to seem them recognise it. 

alan659882
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've have data running at about 26Mb download / 9Mb upload over LTE

I was originally a LifeMobile customer, I got a Plusnet SIM from day 1 to get 4G service.

I tried installing "SIM Card Manager", this is what I got....

SIM country iso gb

SIM Operator code 23433

SIM Operator name Plusnet

Network type LTE

Network Country ISO gb

Network Operator code 23430

Network operator name plusnet

Service state registered to network.

adrens
Dabbler

Thanks alanonplusnet for checking - it doesn't appear that this is the difference.

My guess is that a range of IMSIs' (the electronic serial number in the SIM card) subscription is provisioned incorrectly on the HLR (home location register) - they may be old life mobile IMSIs which were restricted to 3G using the old Orange APN that haven't been updated correctly to plusnet IMSIs.

Would be great to hear from anyone who has had this issue and had it fixed - and how they did this. I've read a couple of people who said a replacement SIM fixed it but in one case the replacement also had the same issue.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Mine's 23433 & 23430 and I've had data since putting the sim in and since my port with no problems.

DS
Seasoned Champion

I guess by at least checking the APN settings I suggested does go towards part of the ticking off process - If PN did suggest trying these during a call to them, you could say it's already been tried.

Although I was starting to think that it could be an issue with which supplier you've migrated from (I know crazy!!!), from reading around on the mobile section of these forums it is starting to look like (as mentioned above) it's a Sim card issue. My reason for believing this is because a poster has moved from EE to Plusnet and obviously the APN settings are the same and they still cannot get data on their phone.

Thus I'm out of suggestions:(

Plusnet should create a 'mobile phone service status' page and make an announcement imho.

cemmy074
Hooked

Android or windows not made any difference still no data. They want to sent another simcard for waste time and simcard fee ,but even they know it is network problem but thwy cant say. Apn or even tried ee apn ee phone still not working..fed up now.i ll wait 2 days more if it wont work with new sim bye bye plusnet