Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data - Android

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: No Data - Android

I suspect I have a different problem then!  I'll start a new thread to see if anyone else is affected.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

alocke
Hooked

Do you know what I have spoken too soon. I did have a Plusnet 4G signal, but I can't get one back again... I took my sim out to run some speed checks with my existing Virgin 3G sim, put the PlusNet sim back in again and all I get is 3G (HSPDA). I take it out and put an EE sim in it and instantly 4G signal (two bars). I've tried restarting phone multiple times, airplane mode on, turning phone off, eject sim, wait a few minutes, turn phone on, airplane mode off and same problem... Tried resetting network settings but same issue. 

Anyone else getting the same issue? BTW I am using iPhone 6S (not Android).

UPDATE:
Leaving for a few minutes and 4G signal has returned. Will continue to monitor...

joe77
Hooked

Well I'm absolutely gutted! Saw the notifications this morning about the data problem being fixed - but nothing has changed for me. Typed in the APN settings as recommended by Rebekah in this thread, but still no data connection. I have full signal, just no data. Tried turning the phone off & on, airplane mode off & on etc. but nothing appears to have changed. 

(I have an android phone - never had a problem getting data with my old EE SIM)

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

What sort of phone do you have?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
joe77
Hooked

It's an 'Oukitel K6000 Pro'- runs on android. Never had any problems with the EE network in the past, the no data issue only started when I switched to Plusnet. 

joe77
Hooked

Update: I now have 4g data connection :)! I didn't actually do anything, I just looked down at my phone and noticed the data connectivity symbol. Hopefully it will remain on! Fingers crossed for anyone else who's had the same problem. 

thwaitpd

Hi all plus net has just taken over life mobile use the setting on the link below and it should work i have just used it and all seems fine on my android device.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/life-mobile-apn-settings

Samark31

Hi all,
I found the solution to this problem on my android phone. Turn wireless and Bluetooth off. If you have dual SIM cards just keep main one and re submit Plusnet APN settings and save.( I found that my settings had gone after removing second SIM).Go to wireless & networks and go to Data usage and switch Cellular data on, this turned mobile data on or off in my case. Hope it works for you too.
Danny123

Thanks for this. The settings for android worked for me on my samsung galaxy s3. Before this the mobile data would not even come on.