cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data - Android

angie20
Dabbler

Re: No Data - Android

I cannot even view apn details on my iPhone, never mind change them!

ksarwar2016

Not working on my oneplus3 android too. Will give them a call tomorrow. But seems like a lot of people having problems with receiving data on plusnet mobile. Hopefully they can fixed soon. Or will have to refund.
cemmy074
Hooked

since day 1 data never worked on my lgg3. and waiting replacement simcard if i have same problem i ll cancel my contract. 

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@angie20

(you may find that your above post of this reply may be moved in to an iOS thread)

Settings -> Mobile or Cellular -> Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network -> Access Point Names -> Menu -> New APN should get you to the correct area on your phone.

You could also try the following twice, but reboot your iPhone after each go. Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Other than that, plus the bit I wrote earlier about finding any files in the profile section is all I have to offer as an attempt to fix these reported issues:(

Mrke
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I've compared a working and non working sim and found there is a difference, which just might be the cause of the problem?

The working sim says LTE where the non working one says HSPA

Details here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-data/m-p/1402449/highlight/true#M1773

Alan56
Dabbler

I think the Network type is the method by which the sim is connecting to the data network.  Mine is showing Edge (one step up from GPRS), probably because I am in a poor signal area, I think HSPA is 3G and LTE 4g but I may be wrong

Alan56
Dabbler

Just had an online chat with Plusnet, seems they have data issues

"We have been experiencing data issues lately. What I will do is forward your details to our network engineers. I am afraid there is no time frame to when this will be fixed but we are trying our best to resolve this issue."

Mrke
Grafter

Hi @Alan56 I phoned them on Sunday and was given the same flannel... Not had a reply/update as yet and don't really expect to get one.....

ianking
Hooked

The 3rd SIM arrived today. Activated it. Guess what.... exactly the same issue. Voice/Texts but NO DATA on both a variety of Android phones and a windows 10 phone.

FYI SIM op code is 23433 and Network op code is 23430. There is a networking issue here and it is my opinion that Plusnet/EE have got a networking issue with their network not the SIM. CS confirmed there is a networking issue and have escalated it to "networks" who are saying it might not be fixed until Friday. 

If it were my company, I would be kicking an awful lot of people by now. In fact I would have been doing that since last week. I would like to know why this doesn't appear to being done by the call centre managers as it is a major incident and almost certainly must be showing up on their stats.

Best Regards..

Ian

alan659882
Rising Star

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi, just a post to acknowledge the issue here as one hasn't been put out yet.  I don't work anywhere close to the mobile stuff, but I do know people are working on it.  I'm also affected (got my sim on Monday, activated it, port completed yesterday, no data at any point yet)

I can't answer any questions on it because I don't work in that area, but if I find out anything that I can share, I will do.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

We have been made aware of an issue with regards to mobile data. This has been raised with The Network Team who are working on a fix to get this resolved for all existing customers. With regards to new customers, a fix was put in place last night for this. We should have an update on this later today.

In the meantime, customers can try the following: 

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This refreshes the signal to the SIM card.

- Rebeka 

ianking
Hooked

New customer on 3rd SIM. Tried that... doesn't work.

Best Regards..

Ian

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi ianking,

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

Phunky

My SIM card arrived yesterday and the activation email came yesterday afternoon, should I expect the fix to be applied to me or do I need to get a new SIM card?

This is terrible customer experience and honestly just what I expected from Plusnet, I should have gone with my gut and not signed up to the service.

I'll give you 24hrs and if i've not got data i'll be cancelling and expecting a full refund.