Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4g connection.

Dpres
Hooked

No 4g connection.

Hi Plusnet team,

I've been a customer for 2 weeks and had several issues getting the service up and running. As of the wekeend everything appeared fine, so yesterday I asked for the content block to be removed from my account. As soon as that was done my phone will now no longer connec to 4g. It sticks to 3g only.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

check network coverage: All ok.

Reset Network settings:

Put in airplane mode:

Remove SIM for 10mins and restart.

Put my daughters PN SIM in my phone and it connects to 4G no problem, all services are fine.

Put my SIM in my daughters phone and it will only connect to 3G.

Could someone please check my account settings to see if all is correct at your end as it would appear to be an account issue rather than a local phone issue.

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: No 4g connection.

@Dpres wrote:

Hi Plusnet team,

I've been a customer for 2 weeks and had several issues getting the service up and running. As of the wekeend everything appeared fine, so yesterday I asked for the content block to be removed from my account. As soon as that was done my phone will now no longer connec to 4g. It sticks to 3g only.

Put my daughters PN SIM in my phone and it connects to 4G no problem, all services are fine.

Put my SIM in my daughters phone and it will only connect to 3G.

Could someone please check my account settings to see if all is correct at your end as it would appear to be an account issue rather than a local phone issue.

Think that clearly points at what we already believe causes a lot of these screwups:

The plusnet system/process to update the sim/customer profile.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Dpres, I'm sorry that you're having issues.

I'm not too sure on this to be honest, so I have raised it to our Ops Team and we will get back to you once we have a response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Dpres
Hooked

Hi @LaurenB,

This has been with the Ops Team now for over a week. I've supplied all the information I have been asked for, yet still no fix. Can we confirm they can at least see the issue?. What are the next steps and when can I expect a resolution? 

Many thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Lauren isn't in work today so I've chased our Ops team for an update and I'll get back to you here as soon as I have a response. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dpres
Hooked

Thanks very much @adamwalker. if there is anything else I can provide please let me know. As a new customer I was really hoping for a better start than having to chase issues continuously. Thanks for your help.

Dpres
Hooked

@adamwalker @LaurenB Hi Adam, another 24hrs has passed and still no update. Whats the plan, how do we escalate this? Thanks.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back in touch @Dpres,

I will be chasing this up for you today with our Ops team - it may be that we need to send out a new sim-card however we'll confirm that once we have a response from Ops.

In the meantime, another troubleshooting step you can try is:

Deleting the previous network profile by going into Settings>General>Profiles and delete the old profile, once done please reboot the device.

Dpres
Hooked

Thanks @Mads. There are no profiles, this was checked with customer services when I had issues with my number port before this 4g issue started. Any other advice welcomed.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Dpres, Ops did get back to us today advising that engineers are still working on the issue and due to their SLA we should have a response back by tehe end of the day tomorrow. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@adamwalker wrote:

Ops did get back to us today advising that engineers are still working on the issue

Makes it sound like they are digging up the roads ...

Rather than ... nothing probably.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Dpres
Hooked

HI,

So end of the day, my phone still wont connect to 4G... Whats the update from the Ops Team please?

Thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Dpres, Please accept my apologies for the length of time this is taking to resolve. I'm afraid we still do not have any further information. We'll keep checking back for you, however we do not have a solid timescale at the moment.

Dpres
Hooked

Hi,

can you let me know how I can open a formal complaint please? In the last 3 weeks I've had 3 days where I had full service. This is not acceptable and can't continue. What's the escalation process, how do we get management involved in this?

Many thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Dpres, I have raised the complaint on your account - you should receive further information shortly. For further clarity you can find our complaints code of practice here.