Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4g available.

FIXED
wendyk
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No 4g available.

I'm getting 3g -voice,data- or edge,even though post code checker shows good coverage for 4g.

Difficult to make and receive calls because of poor signal at home.

Is there a solution?

9 REPLIES 9
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: No 4g available.

Hi Wendy,

The coverage check at your home address is your estimated outdoor coverage and although it may say 'good coverage' for 4G, we must advise that network coverage and 4G speeds may be affected by a number of factors. For example, building materials, tree cover and weather conditions and how many other people are using the network.

What handset have you got? As you can try changing your handset settings to allow 4G only and see if this helps. 

- Rebeka 

wendyk
Dabbler

Blackberry Q10 Rebeka; coverage switches to 4g outside and at friends' homes a few streets away.

If I switch to 4G only,coverage very unstable.

Thick walls here and I suspect that we have a coverage black spot in this road,as friend opposite also has trouble using her iphone.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

I agree Wendy, It sounds as if the density of the property is preventing you from receiving good 4G coverage inside your home.

- Rebeka 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found this Ofcom checker very good as it checks the 4 mobile providers against each other  and comes up with different results from the providers own sites

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

wendyk
Dabbler

Fix

Thank you for the link; really useful:no indoor 4G coverage by EE or 3 in my road and adjoining road. Vodaphone has full coverage both indoors and outdoors,so does O2.

Interesting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also put your own address in using the drop down box this is useful if its a long road or a rural area.

Glad it was useful to you I use it to check locations before I go on holiday.

wendyk
Dabbler

Yes i did that and my suspicions were confirmed,although I didn't realise that Vodaphoneand O2 have full indoor coverage.

You'd think by now that coverage would be fairly uniform .

I guess it depends on which masts are in any one area.

Thanks again.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@wendyk I think that Vodafone works on the lower frequency spectrum which (presuming you have a  signal in the first place) helps in penetrating walls.

wendyk
Dabbler

Thanks for this; another useful piece of information.