cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G

labrajaws

No 4G

I have been with plusnet for about 2 months now and apart from the first couple of weeks I can not get 4G data at my work location. I only get H/H+. At home I can get 4G indoors or outdoors. At work I have previously had 4G data on several different phones (Samsung/LG/Nokia) on the EE network so I know there is good coverage there. 

I have contacted EE who said there is no fault in my area. 

I have contacted Plusnet who advised me to change the APN settings which worked for a few days then back to 3G. They also advised airplane mode on/off and restarting the device which does not work. They have also sent a new SIM which guess-what is 3G.

Others have said that they have the same experience.

Is 4G just a marketing gimmick with PlusNet?

2 REPLIES 2
labrajaws

Re: No 4G

For anyone that is interested, my phone is showing a 4G connection today and Ookla speed tests are showing much improved speeds, as is general browsing etc.

However I am fully expecting this to drop down to H/H+ after a few days so I have a PAC code ready to move back to Vodafone when this happens Smiley

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: No 4G

EE use 3 bands for 4G , 800Mhz , 1800Mhz & 2600Mhz. However, PlusNet don't have access to the 800Mhz band, which because of the lower frequency, gives better coverage. If the other 4G bands are marginal in your area then it may fall back to the 2100Mhz band which is 3G, if that has better coverage.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.