cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G with two phones

simplyrog

No 4G with two phones

I changed my phone about 6 months ago (it was a Galaxy Note 4) because it kept locking up. I put my Plusnet sim card in my new phone but was unable to get 4G just H+. My new phone was a Xaoimi Redmi 6 Plus and I know that some bandwidths used by certain operators were not on this phone so I put the reason down to this.
Since then I have purchased a Motorola 6g Play and switched my sim card to that one. Still no 4G. I Contacted Plusnet regarding this and was advised to do various resets on the phone These consisted of:
Switching the phone off for 10 minutes the switching back on again. Still no 4G.
Selecting Plusnet Mobile as the network I connect to in the settings of the phone. Still no 4G
Resetting the network settings of the phone Still no 4G
Trying the sim card in another device, (did this and it didn't work i another device).
I was told to leave about 10 minutes between each step.
None of this worked so another call to Plusnet and this time they confirmed I was on a 4G plan and said they would reset the data on my account which would take up to 4 hours to complete. If this didn't work they would send me a new sim card. After 4 hours still no 4G
Contacted Plusnet again and told them what had happened so far and they agreed to send a new sim card.
New sim card arrived and after contacting Plusnet to activate it and waiting a few hours, still no 4G.
Now I am at a loss so I decided to do a few checks myself. I have an Asda Pay As You Go sim card that I use in a spare phone so I put that into both my phones one at a time and got 4G immediately (they are using the same EE network as Plusnet).  Checking their settings against Plusnet's they are much the same.
Again another call to Plusnet who suggested I try various websites at two hour intervals and contact them again a day later so their technical support can investigate ????Huh
I have spent hours swapping sim cards, contacting Plusnet and checking settings without any positive outcome.

I am now tempted to leave Plusnet and go to another sim only plan elsewhere. 
Any suggestions?
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.