cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G only H+

Christine5

No 4G only H+

My phone is 4G capable and the area is good for 4G. Ever since I've had the sim it has just been saying H+ while my plan is for 4G.

I'm hoping this can be solved as I've tried changing settings to no success. Ive heard that H+ is only a little slower than 4G but I'm paying for 4G and I don't know why I'm not getting it.
6 REPLIES 6
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: No 4G only H+

When I got it I think I needed a new SIM.
My provider (EE) just send me a new one through the post.
It may just be a case of that with a bit of luck.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi Christine5,
Is the lack of 4G apparent in multiple locations or only in your locality?
I am wondering if it is a coverage issue?
What does the Plusnet coverage checker show?
https://www.plus.net/mobile/coverage-checker
Regards
Richard
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have written this before, Richard, but I have found that non of those checkers are very accurate.

My postcode, PN checker indicates 4G is excellent outdoors and  good indoors - no it's not. I'm with a different EE MVNO, 2 "bars" only, 3G.

Compared to a Vodafone MVNO, same location, a signal full house with 4G.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

I find the coverage checkers are broadly accuarte outdoors and optimistic for indoor coverage.
As always there are exceptions, this is especially true for Plusnet as they cannot access the EE low frequency 4G or 5G bands.
However, the coverage checker should indicate if there is likley to be 4G coverage compared to 3G.
EE still have a few 3G and 2G only sites.
Bluecat2
Grafter

I'm having the identical problem, just only get E at the moment phoned CS twice now and tbh I'm no nearer or clearer just more frustrated.

I'm in NR27 9PX

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Christine5, thanks for getting in touch on on our forums, I'm really sorry that you're having issues getting 4G. I can appreciate this must be annoying! 

Can you please send me over a PM with your mobile number and full name so I can take a further look at this for you?

(to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team