Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G and data connect ion after Number port

FIXED
rtsg7vyi
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

No 4G and data connect ion after Number port

Hi Ive just ported my number across from EE and am not getting any mobile data connection. I didn't seem to have the APN setup bit put that in and selected it but still no joy. Went through a few days of problems with my partner's phone when we did this hoped it would be smoother this time but seems not
9 REPLIES 9
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: No 4G and data connect ion after Number port

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with your mobile since porting your number across. We'd be happy to look into this for you. Can you please private message:
-your full name
-your full address including postcode
-your mobile number

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
rtsg7vyi
Dabbler

realise also that I cannot text either I get number not formatted correctly ?Huh

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @rtsg7vji,

Thank you for answering the security questions and for letting us know that this issue is also affecting texts. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've checked your account and it appears that the number port hasn't gone through correctly, but it is unclear as to what has caused this. I've raised this to our operations team and we'll receive an update from them within five working days - we'll be in touch once we have this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rtsg7vyi
Dabbler

OK thanks Emily. i'll wait for further updates.

Regards

Richard

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@EmilyD wrote:
I've checked your account and it appears that the number port hasn't gone through correctly, but it is unclear as to what has caused this. I've raised this to our operations team and we'll receive an update from them within five working days - we'll be in touch once we have this.

So why didn't your 'ops' people find this?

Let alone already plugged the gap that has allowed this to happen again and again for years?

(A bit of root cause analysis)

and surely that 5 day sla does not relate to resolving there own screwups that they should have trapped and sorted by themselves?

@rtsg7vyi

Please keep us updated on this

Plusnet seem to be in the habit of making statements like 'we will update you on this' when history shows us they don't

eg

Just as PN 'ops' have done nowt regarding their failure, which is apparently easy to see - PN support here also do nowt until either ops get back to them (rare at best it would seem) or the customer has to chase, where they then act like they are doing you a favour. 'I'll look into that for you' (even though I'm already supposed to have done that - often multiple times)

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
rtsg7vyi
Dabbler

Fix

@RobC

Yes will do. This is frustrating as my partner had issues with a split port leaving data going through old EE account last year. Had hoped it was a one off glitch but porting has screwed my number up too. Hoping it get fixed soon as I can't even text at moment all messaging totally and internet access off unless I'm attached to broadband.

rtsg7vyi
Dabbler

My service has now returned to normal. Had another message on Wednesday morning saying my number port was in progress. Shortly after 4G connection and text service was restored.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

seems to be some quite deep routed (sic) problems with the PN port/sim initiate systems

- particularly if you start them just before a weekend.

I'm waiting until Next Tuesday or the Tuesday after to port out.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Richard, I'm glad to see your service is now working as it should be. Apologies for the issues you've had and the time it took to resolve them, but if you need any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet