cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G after total loss of single

Terry1
Hooked

No 4G after total loss of single

Hi,does anybody have the answer to my problem?
After being with Life Mobile and not having any problems i took the opportunity to upgrade to the unlimited minutes plusnet £10 deal and got my new 4G SIM card,
All was well for a short while and I got a excellent 3G and good 4G Signal at work and round at my girlfriends house,
Then on the 23rd of December i had a total loss of service/signal for two days,and after numerous phone calls to customer services,it was turned back on,
However since then i'm only able to get a 3G Signal and wherever i go,or no matter how many times i turn my iPhone 7 off and on or put it into and out of flight mode to search for a signal,
I just don't ever get 4G anymore,as anybody got any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: No 4G after total loss of single

The only thing I can think of is the phone has reverted back to the Life Mobile APN settings.

Check to see if the APN settings are that of PN and not LM. I know when I was setting up an Android phone the other day I had the old Life APN settings appear and I could not get the correct PN APN settings to save until I had deleted the Life APN settings.

If they are set correctly I’ve no other idea of what’s wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Terry1,

I'm sorry to hear you're not receiving a 4G connection. The iPhone APN issue can be resolved by following this process:

1) Settings

2) General

3) Reset

4) Reset Network Settings

I hope this helps! Let us know how you get on. -Ashleigh

JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

The problem that affected you on the 23rd happened to several people. See "Total loss of mobile signal" thread in this section. After the total loss of signal my signal came back but I had no data connection at all. Did all the APN settings thing as advised but didn't work. In the end I ordered a replacement SIM and as soon as I put the SIM in the 4G worked. After inserting the new SIM the APN settings were the same as with the old SIM and since the old SIM worked before the total loss of signal issue my own conclusion is that there are bugs in the plusnet network and for some reason my old SIM was not recognised for data. So the problem you have is a little different but my advice if you can't get the APN settings to work is order a new SIM. My number did not change,

Terry1
Hooked

Thanks everybody,been looking on the internet and playing with my phone trying to figure out how to check my APN settings,but my iPhone 7 plus just doesn't seem to want to display them,so have reset my Network setting,fingers crossed,i'll try to see if i can 4G later,only in a 3G area at the minute,Thanks again and will let you know how i go on.
Terry1
Hooked

After resetting my network settings countless times and trying to find my APN setting,which for some reason aren't made accessible by Plusnet on my unlocked Apple direct iPhone,i eventually got customer services to send me out a new SIM card,
which i am please to say as worked and i'm now able to get a full service including 4G Again,
I would love to know what happened to my service inbetween the 23rd and 24th December,
It's like a kill code was sent to my old SIM card,
I'd just like to thank anybody who helped me on this forum,think this is the way forward,a bit like Giffgaff,as in this case Plusnet customer services where pretty poor,the First Lady just repeatedly telling me there's not a lot we can really do,about not having 4G Signal in a 4G area,
she made no mention of settings,resetting or a new SIM card,if it was left to her,and i was so persistent,i'd still have no service now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Terry1

I'm glad to see your 4G is now working after a replacement SIM card. I do apologise if you feel our Customer Service Team haven't been helpful; it's certainly not a service we aim to provide and I'll certainly pass your feedback across. 

If you ever need anything at all, please don't hesitate to drop a message and I'll be more than happy to help. Smiley -Ashleigh