Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G after Number Port

FIXED
HardyAnnual
Hooked
Fixes: 1

No 4G after Number Port

I just joined Plusnet on Saturday, put the new SIM in and went live after an hour or so, all fine. I immediately called customer service to get my old Three number ported, which took a little while, but the switch went through yesterday (Tuesday) around noon.

Since then my signal has been terrible, as far as I can tell I'm only getting 2G, I can't even send SMS but I can make phone calls. This is NOT a location/indoor issue, I went for a walk round town, even went into a mobile phone shop where they have perfect EE signal.

I've tried switching the phone on and off, I've toggled Aeroplane mode on and off, no change.

The 'mobile data' is toggled to the on position, but when I check SIM status in settings it says 'Mobile network state Disconnected'

Is this something to do with Access Point Names? The last time I used an MVNO years ago I remember there were some settings required for that.

My handset is a MotoG running Android 5.1, - yes It's a bit old but it was working fine with 4G on Three

Edit: Customer Service say, although the port went through yesterday it is still technically 'in progress' and the problem should resolve itself by tomorrow. I'll leave this here and update when I have news as it may prove useful to future number porting customers

1 REPLY 1
HardyAnnual
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: No 4G after Number Port

Fix

The answer in this case was pretty simple, just wait, even if you've been told the port has happened and you can make basic calls, wait a little longer. After a few more days full 4G connection was established.