Did you mean: 

No 3/4G new to plusnet

Shewolf1877
Dabbler

No 3/4G new to plusnet

Hi.
I have no 3/4G
I only ported over yesterday.
I have reset network settings several times. I have ‘bumped’ the network as well.
I have removed the SIM card and put it back in again.
I have turned the phone on and off a couple of times.
Is there a manual way of entering settings.
I have an IPhone XS
Coverage says 4g is very good.
32 REPLIES 32
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: No 3/4G new to plusnet

Hi @Shewolf1877 and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to receive either 3G or 4G data since coming over to us. Can I ask, is this still the case when outside the property or in other areas and does the signal indicator refer to a strong signal or only a bar or 2?
If possible, could you also try another handset to see if the issue persists there too.

Let us know if the issue persists in other areas outside the property and continues in another handset as we'll happily investigate this further for you.

Shewolf1877
Dabbler

Hello it’s only 1/2 bar inside but outside I have been several places and it’s been up to 4/4 and still says no mobile network active or something similar.
Don’t have another handset. I don’t think it’s the handset as the sky sim I took out yesterday worked perfectly fine
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @Shewolf1877.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your mobile service. We'd be happy to investigate this for you, could you please private message:

-your full name
-your full address including postcode
-your mobile number

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Shewolf1877
Dabbler

Are you on twitter? I’ve sent all this information and subsequently two letters from my password to them and had no response. This took 4 hours.
Have to say my first 48 hours with you have been completely underwhelming
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Shewolf1877

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused but please stick to one portal of communication rather than across different platforms. This way we can follow the thread you may have already started via public posts or DM's on Twitter. This also speeds up our responses to yourself as we work from the oldest posts in the queue.

Can you please provide your Twitter handle via PM so we can link your social media and view previous correspondence?

Kind Regards

Shewolf1877
Dabbler

Are you freaking kidding me? I’ve been with you 72 hours, can’t access 3/4G your telephone customer service is a joke and you tell me to stick to one method of communication!
You should relabel your moniker to OllieC Plusnet no help at all Team
Bunch of jokers.
Award winning customer service my [-Censored-].
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We're really sorry you feel that way @Shewolf1877 and I can assure you I was only trying to help by advising the best way to get a quicker response as your previous post stated you were unhappy with how long it had taken for a response from ourselves.

When you are able to, can you please send across your Twitter handle via PM as we're more than happy to check over your previous correspondence.

Unfortunately without this information I'm afraid we are unable to assist further as you have stated you provided the requested information via Twitter and we have no way of linking to this. Alternatively, you can wait for a response via your Twitter communication but please refrain from new messages as afore mentioned we work from the oldest posts not the most recent messages. Should we receive repeated messages this pushes you further back in the queue.

I hope this information helps and we're more than happy to look into this if you can please provide the requested information via PM.

Kind Regards

Shewolf1877
Dabbler

Sorry I feel that way.
Your customer service is a joke. My twitter is the same as my username in here.
I have received a whole load of quite frankly [-Censored-] useless advice and no one actually seems to know what they are doing.
I have rung retentions to leave and spoken to another useless and lying adviser called [CSA Removed] who said you had taken on a lot golf new staff first of all-I pointed out that if it was out of their level of experience they should hand it over, he agreed, he said he would transfer me to another ‘experienced call agent’ he didn’t. He cold called me to an assistant who doesn’t have a clue and who I am on hold to now as she’s speaking to a manager.

Award winning customer service. What a joke.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Shewolf1877
Dabbler

I would suggest if you have any intentions of providing a quality service you should go back to the start of my contacts with your company and audit the poor service with me.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shewolf1877
Dabbler

Thanks, Brian A.
I have tried resetting network settings three or four times, it’s not having any of it!
Sadly the details for manually changing APN settings are not up to date and I am having to get Apple to help me

Thank you for taking time to contact me and have a great day.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Shewolf1877                     

Sorry that was no good I know Apple phones are difficult to unlock and it can only be done by Apple themselves

What network was the phone on previously

Brian A

Shewolf1877
Dabbler

Hello Brian
I was on sky before and I wish I hadn’t left!
I’ve now been waiting two hours for plusnet to ring me back.
In the interim I have spoken to Apple who state that EE/plusnet will not allow them to manually alter APN settings.

It’s shocking that Plusnet have no technical help!
Shewolf1877
Dabbler

This was the shocking final message I gave just received from plus net on twitter-

I'm afraid that there isn't anything further we can advise that we haven't already given out as we cannot assist with individual device issues. -Matt

Anyone would think I wasn’t a customer who they want to help! Shockingly bad customer service.

I do hope this will all be audited. Appalling.