cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare PAC Problem

leylo

Nightmare PAC Problem

I went on chat this morning to get my PAC from Plusnet as I've bought a new phone on a two year contract with O2. Chat said that they can't issue PAC codes and insisted that I phone 500 to get one.I did this and was promised one within two hours as per OFCOM regs.

After 4 hours and no PAC, I called back and asked where my PAC was. I was told that there was a technical issue with my port and that it had been passed to the technical team to look into. I asked for more information on timescales for issuing my PAC but the customer service rep couldn't tell me. She just said that technical would update me within 5 working days but that this wasn't a guarantee that the port would be sorted in that 5 day period. I explained that it was vital that I retained my number as I use it for work and it is linked to lots of personal matters too. I also outlined that because of this,  I'd ordered my new phone on the basis of keeping my number  and that I was now paying O2 for a handset and 24 month contract that was realistically of no use to me unless I could transfer my number to it.

I asked how I could make  a  complaint as I wasn't satisfied with the proposed way forward and was constantly palmed off. I asked to be put through to the complaint team or to be given their contact details but I was put on hold time and again whilst they tried to 'find' a manager who could raise my complaint to the escalation team as only a manager can do this. Eventually after half an hour of waiting, someone told me that they would pass my complaints escalation team who would contact me in 72 hours. To 'make up' for the issues I'd experienced, I was told that Plusnet would credit my account with one month of credit to enable me to carry on using the number!. What use is that when what I need is for the PAC to be issued s that I can actually use my new contract phone with O2?

Quite frankly this is pathetic for a company that claims to offer  "award winning service"  and I am so frustrated at what has happened on what should be a straight-forward matter. I'm at a loss in terms of  knowing what to do to get my PAC from Plusnet and I'm left in limbo not knowing whether I should now cancel my O2 contract and return my brand new phone to them in case Plusnet fail to sort this out. Anyone suggest what I can do to try and get this sorted? Thanks and sorry for the rant but it is so frustrating!

4 REPLIES 4
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Nightmare PAC Problem

Hi @leylo 

Welcome to the forums - sorry it's not under better circumstances. 

I'd like to take a look into the issue for you in it's entirety. Could you please PM me; 

-  your full name

-  your full address including postcode

-  your mobile number

so that I can locate your mobile account? 

Thanks, 

MoR

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for you PM @leylo 

I've replied to it asking for a bit more info. 

- MoR

leylo

Thanks MoR - I’ve replied
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for passing security over PMs @leylo 

I've looked and it appears that you were told the complete correct information. 

For some reason, your account is not allowing a PAC to be generated (I've just double tried for you). 

I'm really sorry that this has caused you some form of inconvenience, but there is nothing that we can do until we get a reply form our Operations Team. 

I'll send a check up message to them tomorrow when I get into the office and see if we can get a quicker reply for you. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR