cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newto Plusnet - Please please help, I am being sent totally insane - Iphone 5s - IOS 10.21

newcomerhere
Dabbler

Newto Plusnet - Please please help, I am being sent totally insane - Iphone 5s - IOS 10.21

Came to the end of two year contract with Vodaphone for my teenager.  No issues or problems, just wanted cheaper bills.

Changed to Plusnet in December in order to have SIM only deal - calls, text, internet for a tenner.

Since then have not been able to connect with internet data.  wifi over home network yes, calls yes, text yes.

Being sent in an insane loop via Plusnet to Apple, Apple via Plusnet.  

Suggestions given by Plusnet -

Turned off and on, take out SIM, turned aeroplane mode off and on, changed to a new sim, reset network settings, restart phone - nothing has done the trick - update IOS settings

Told to change APN settings but cannot access APN settings

Getting very frustrated now, daughter has medical issues, at sixth form at school during daytime so cannot resolve issues with Plusnet without mobile in front of me  - arrrrggghhhhhh

Someone put me out of my misery ........... !!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newto Plusnet - Please please help, I am being sent totally insane - Iphone 5s - IOS 10.21

Hi @newcomerhere

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear the inconvenience and distress caused regarding your mobile data; it's certainly not something we intend and I hope we're able to turn this around for you. 

If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll certainly do all I can to help your situation. -Ashleigh

newcomerhere
Dabbler

Re: Newto Plusnet - Please please help, I am being sent totally insane - Iphone 5s - IOS 10.21

PS - Also told to try connecting to internet by Plusnet from three different locations and report back.  

tomo66

Ditto. This exact same thing has happened to me, told to use flight mode, take sim out return etc even location, I've a mast no more than 50ft from my location! Waiting on a sim from plusnet but not hopeful never had this issue with any other provider and have used a few.
newcomerhere
Dabbler

I've never had a problem before switching providers either.

Looking at these forums, I see that the non-data issue seems quite widespread. And even talk of involvement by the tv programme Watchdog.

I sent an email to the Plusnet Chairman like other threads suggest on this mobile forum and my problem has been escalated. I Hope this will resolve the issue now - fingers crossed !

Keep you posted, friends 😊

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@newcomerhere But it's not widespread is it? There seems to be a lot of threads about it but that's because you've decided to bump no less than 8 of them all at the same time yesterday. Do you honestly think that's going to speed anything up? And even Watchdog (as poor as the programme is) wouldn't bother reporting a story when they've been contacted by half a dozen people.