cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New voicemail service

LifeMobileFan

New voicemail service

PlusNet have recently changed the voicemail service and a few things are really annoying:

1) I had to re-record my greeting

2) By default the voicemail is not set to record messages, you have to enable it in the menu!

3) Before hearing a message, you have to wait for the full number to be read out.  Before this was at the end together with the time and date of the message.  It's very frustrating when you just want to hear the message in a hurry.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: New voicemail service

Get a grip.

10 seconds "lost" is not life-changing.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

voicemailuser

It is VERY annoying

Sometimes after I have been in a long meeting or travelling I turn my phone off airplane mode to maybe half a dozen VM's

Having to listen to the sender number BEFORE the message is read out EVERY time is so so frustrating. Surely we can disable this option somehow? 99% of voicemails received will include the senders name and the received will already have their number to call them back; i.e. "Hi its John Johnson, call me back please regarding tomorrows meeting. Thanks"  so why do we need the number painfully read out each time?

Also please move the delete number button to '3'... every other network uses 3 to delete and instinctively I always press 3 by mistake, as my other mobile phones on other networks all use the standard number '3' to delete.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your feedback.

I've raised this to our products team to review this internally but I can't guarantee a change.

Apologies for the inconvenience we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
voicemailuser

Thank you, appreciate anything you can do to solve this situation