cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, voicemail not working as it should...

FIXED
Noris

New customer, voicemail not working as it should...

Hi there,

I have just joined Plusnet and have ported my number over from EE. Unfortunately, my voicemail does not seem to be working as it should. My number currently rings out and a message "This number is unavailable, please try later" is heard, rather than diverting to voicemail. 

Can somebody help?

Regards.

21 REPLIES 21
bin
Aspiring Pro

Re: New customer, voicemail not working as it should...

This is almost certainly an issue with the porting of your number.

You should shortly see an invitation - via this forum - to message one of the service reps. From there you should be able to get this resolved quickly.Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Noris

Thanks for getting in touch. Your Voicemail service should rectify itself once your number port has complete. 🙂 

If you'd like me to check when it's due to finish, please don't hesitate to send me a private message and I'll do all I can to help! -Ashleigh

Noris

Thanks for your replies.

This issue has now been resolved with help from Ashleigh. I inputted a sequence of numbers and characters on my keypad followed by dial. This then set up the active diverts.

Best regards, Noris.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

I'm glad this has been resolved, @Noris.

If anyone else is experiencing the same issue with their Voicemail after a port-in; please try dialing the following codes within your keypad: **004*+447870020555*11*30# OR **004*07870020555*11*30#. 🙂 -Ashleigh

TheMaleWhale
Hooked

I am experiencing similar problems and have posted separately. Tried the numbers above without success. I am unable to accept calls or receive texts which is causing chaos.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi TheMaleWhale,

I have responded to your other thread.

- Rebeka Smiley

DJAlford

Thank you so much for posting this fix! I have had the same problem since porting over from BT a week or so ago...whilst from my end it appeared my voicemail was set up, nobody could leave messages.

The fix code worked perfectly, soooo grateful!

Debra

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, great news @DJAlford

I'm super glad to hear this has fixed the issue for you. 🙂 If there's anything you ever need; please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help. -Ashleigh

Swanster

Great fix, Ashleigh, thank you. Smiley

cdawks

Hi Ashleigh.  Thanks this solution worked for me too, it was given to me by customer support chat.  However he also told me that voicemail is not triggered when the handset is out of coverage - is this really true?  That will be a problem for me as much of my house is out of coverage!

sikejsudjek

Thanks that fixed it for me coming from Talk Mobile - voicemail wasn't set up by default.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sikejsudjek and @cdawks

I'm very pleased to hear it's worked for you! Smiley If you ever have any further queries at all, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help. 

We're a friendly bunch. -Ashleigh

cdawks

Hi again Ashleigh.  I do have another query.  Is it possible for a caller to be diverted to voicemail if my phone is out of coverage?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @cdawks

Any unanswered calls will divert to Voicemail after 30 seconds or sooner if the caller is busy/ unavailable, your handset is turned off or if the user rejects the call. Smiley Hope this helps. -Ashleigh