cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, lied to about porting number

MelPinion

New customer, lied to about porting number

So I'm a new customer, after the provider I was with changed signal provider I lost internet and had issues with signal, so I had no choice but to move at this time of year.

I received my plusnet SIM on 23/12/21, I rang up customer services to check if my old number would be ported before Christmas, I was given the guarantee that my number would be changed by midnight 24/12/21, I rang again on the 24/12/21 at 5pm as number had not been changed and was getting quite anxious, again I was told it would be done before midnight, this did not happen.

I have rang customer services today and I'm now being told it will be ported by midnight 30/12/21, I don't believe a word of it, it's all lies, why tell me to put new SIM in and lose my phone number on the guarantee it will be done by next day, advice given should have been " keep old SIM in phone until we have actually ported your number", really annoyed to lose the number people can reach me on at this time of year, really bad start, looking for new provider before I've even got started with plusnet Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New customer, lied to about porting number

Thanks for your post @MelPinion 

I'm really sorry to see your number port's not gone through as we'd expect. It's very likely it's just delayed and we'll be working to resolve it as soon as we can, because we'd need files from all providers who have ever had the number. 

If you can private message me the following information though we'll be happy to check for you.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MelPinion

Got my old/normal number back today, glad it's got done but frustrated about losing it over Christmas and also not being able to see any calls or texts I've missed while number was not in use, again I say I should not have been told to put new sim in phone with the advice that I would have my number back the next day.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @MelPinion 

I'm glad to see your number port's completed and you've got your number back. I'm really sorry for the delay again.

I doubt very much that putting your new SIM into your phone had caused this as it's not the way number ports work. 

Either way I'm happy to see this seems to be resolved now and I hope you had a good Christmas still. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet