cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sign-up Nightmare

jdeeuk

New Sign-up Nightmare

We got a 12 month SIM card in the post just before Easter weekend. The number port was due to go through Tuesday but nothing happened. Plusnet’s email and CS staff both said “it will complete by the end of the day”. It didn’t. On Wednesday CS said all previous information given was wrong, numbers don’t port the day after a bank holiday and so it would port by end of day Wednesday instead.

Thursday morning I had to call about 4 times to set up the app/online login. All the advice given by CS was wrong and I eventually fixed it myself. £10 was offered to apologise.

By Thursday afternoon we discovered no calls were getting through to the ported number. On Friday we called CS and they made us turn off voicemail and wait several hours for this to complete. It didn’t solve anything - no calls get through to the sim.

Saturday - we have received a replacement SIM and when I called to activate it I was told the activation system is down. CS said they would monitor the account and activate it when the system is back up. I was told sims take 2 hours to activate - since when?!

Still no service, still can’t receive calls and absolutely no help from Plusnet. When I escalated the situation to a formal complaint I was told to wait 72 working hours for a callback. Problem is, it’s unlikely the sim will even receive calls at that point!

Complete nightmare. Switching has been a complete waste of time.

Below is an email from CS  [Removed]

“Hello, This is an update on the expression of dissatisfaction that was raised on your behalf, On the call you went through with me the issues you have been having, such as the porting date misadvice, being able to login to MyAccount and now the issue with receiving calls. I have apologised for the misadvice and as you mentioned you are now able to login to MyAccount. The issue that you have brought up today in regards to incoming calls, the troubleshooting procedure is being followed and a sim has been sent out to you to arrive within 1-2 working days, unfortunately I am unable to do anything about those timescale. You wish you raise the issue to our complaints department so I have passed on the information regarding your account on someone should be in contact with you within 72 working hours. Kind regards, [CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Insult to staff member removed as per Forum rules.

5 REPLIES 5
jdeeuk

Re: New Sign-up Nightmare

Called up to check if replacement sim had been activated as phone still showing no service. Was told that [CSA Removed] at 9am didn’t actually process the activation - he didn’t even ask for the SIM card number - so they would have to try again.

Whilst on the phone with CS, I was told the activation has gone through on one system but not the other. The solution is to raise with Operations who will try to solve it in 5 working days.

I now have no phone service at all. Yesterday we could make calls on the old sim but not receive any. Today we have a new sim but cannot make or receive calls. What a complete shambles. I cannot wait to refer this to the Ombudsman and see PN fined for their incompetence.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon jdeeuk 

You wrote     Whilst on the phone with CS, I was told the activation has gone through on one system but not the other. The solution is to raise with Operations who will try to solve it in 5 working days. 

The strange thing PlusNet CS always have to pass the problem on to another department and it takes days to sort if its every sorted.

If you have a problem with Three/ EE /O2 or other suppliers who have shops on the High street you can go in and its sorted there and then a faulty sim is replaced set up checked and you are back in service

I had a problem with my Three sim after checking my driving licence to prove identity a new sim was provided free of charge ( PlusNet charge for replacement sims if need a different size or the one you have is faulty ) set up on the computer and I was back working OK all within 15mins

If a mobile phone is essential I would not use PlusNet

You get or don't get what you pay for

Brian A

jdeeuk

Nice to see a moderator has replied to redact information and nothing else. Helpful.

I have cancelled my entire broadband order for plus net and look forward to cancelling this sim when it eventually starts to work. It’s beyond frustrating that no one can cancel a faulty account or get a PAC code to move to a proper operator. It’s also unacceptable that your Operations team don’t work weekends - I guess everyone must suffer for longer because you’re too tight to pay them.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@jdeeuk wrote:
Nice to see a moderator has replied to redact information and nothing else. Helpful.

The Moderators are just customers and not staff so have no access to your account or Plusnet systems.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @jdeeuk,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us during your port in and cancellation of service. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

With regards to cancellation of service we can only do so once a port has completed as I imagine you have been informed already. I'm more than happy to take a look into this matter for you, however, in order to that we just need to pass security. If you could provide the following information:

- Your full name

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

Via PM.

Thank you.