cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM order, wrong package applied.

Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

New SIM order, wrong package applied.

I ordered a new SIM, order was confirmed and correct.

however when service started I logged into my account to find the wrong package had been applied, similar to but not the one I ordered and had confirmed.

i spoke to customer services who promised to fix it.

it seems they’ve managed it as a change of tariff, which doesn’t apply now till next month.

thats not acceptable, this was your error.

i need it fixed or as I’m in 14 days I need my order cancelled.

what a farce!

10 REPLIES 10
Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

Re: New SIM order, wrong package applied.

After having spoken on the phone to a new customer service person I’ve been told that yes, I am on the wrong tariff. No, that wasn’t what I ordered or had confirmed. No, they can’t fix it.......what?!

theres no facility to change tariffs immediately, nothing they can do, even though they admit it’s their fault.

no, they won’t even credit me the small amount of one months bill to apologise.

as far as my 14 days legal protection of the cooling off period, well I’ll need to wait a month to see if I get switched to the correct tariff, so screw me essentially.

what a great way to welcome a new customer. 

Heres how how you fix it:

order a new sim, with the correct tariff, send it out, special delivery if possible. Cancel the old one.

or

be nice to me, it’s you that made this mess, offer me something to keep me sweet for a month.

Your attitude during this has been appalling.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately tariff changes can only be done on your next billing date.

Having looked into your mobile account, as a goodwill gesture I believe that we've offered you a free bolt on if you get close to your limit of the package you're currently on, but below what you're going to be moving on to.

Feel free to let me know if this does happen and I'll be happy to process it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

I just feel it’s ridiculous that you as a company can make a mistake but have no way to put that right.

We will fix it next month is a pretty lacklustre response and one that should not be tolerated by the likes of OfCom.

its the principle of the situation.

Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

Well. You fixed it.....for one month.

my package has returned to 2000 minutes instead of unlimited.

add this to everything else pls.net has cocked up and boy am I getting tired of this!

can someone please sort this AND ENSURE it stays sorted this time?!

Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

Put on incorrect plan

When I signed up to plus.net mobile I selected a plan. However, upon activating I found I was on the wrong plan (2000mins instead of unlimited).

i reported this mistake and a change of plan was put through. After a month my plan did change to the correct one. However, a month later it’s gone back to the incorrect plan.

is there anyone in control at plus.net? Or is this mess usual? You did after all screw up two landline account moves as well, so your not high on my list of good companies to deal with.

can I suggest you move me onto the new 4gb / unlimited mins and texts for £8 a month tariff.....and ideally make that a permanent thing lasting longer than a month?!

anyone out there capable of doing this? feel free to offer me a month for free for the mess, surely that’s warranted?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Put on incorrect plan

Moderators Note

Two topics on the same subject merged.  

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

If you can PM me the mobile number or account number I'd be happy to look into this for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

I replied via PM

Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

I replied via a PM as you requested but you’ve not come back to me, can you update me please.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @Stevepageuk2, it seems this issue has been rectified from looking over the account. Let us know if not so we can investigate further.