cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM and no 4G or data

timdavrog

New SIM and no 4G or data

I have just switched from Virgin and brought my number over. Using an iPhone 5S, I am on my second SIM and have tried all the resets, reseating the SIM, starting in Airplane Mode, blah, blah, blah. I even had Customer Services activate the second Sim today but still have no 4G or data.

I have tried the SIM in my wife's Samsung and had the same issue. There's plenty of threads on the matter on this forum but doesn't seem to be any solutions and the problems seems to have been going on for at least a year. I've phoned Plusnet several times but nobody seems to know what to do. I find this very strange as it's not a new problem.

I have my home phone and Broadband with Plusnet and have phoned them to be excellent, so thought I'd switch my mobile. Now I'm wishing I had stayed with Virgin!

The latest request is to send three screenshots of data not working on my phone taken two hours apart, so technicians can trace the path of the connection. I don't have any confidence that there will be a happy outcome.

Does anyone anywhere have a clue how to fix this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
LSB
Hooked

Re: New SIM and no 4G or data

I have exactly the same issue! Have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and also had replacement sims delivered & activated today but mobile data is still not working! I moved from my previous provider because of poor customer service but am now regretting my decision! I am yet to receive a response from the Plusnet Help Team although I have posted a few messages on the community page. I hope you are able to resolve the issues but I am already looking to move to a different provider. Plusnet need to be more transparent with their customers about the data issues they are having. The same issues appear over and over again! Plusnet certainly haven't done me proud!!!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi timdavrog,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your mobile data. If you've been asked to provide examples, I can assure you that this will have been escalated to our Operations Team for further investigation. At this stage, we wouldn't be able to assist with your query until we hear back from the Team. There is a usual 5 working day response timescale, so If you haven't heard back after this time, I would advise to give our Team a call on 500 free from your SIM for any updates with this. 

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi LSB,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your data, I can assure you that we'll help in any way we can. I have replied to your post in the following thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-Data-Connection/td-p/1473279/page/7.

I apologise for any delay in responses, but as advised, the Community isn't an instant messaging platform. 

Could please try the troubleshooting steps at the above link and let me know how you get on.

Thanks, 

- Rebeka 

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

If you're still unable to receive data, could you please try turning the handset off, removing the SIM for five minutes, re-inserting the SIM and powering back up for me please?

I'd also like to thank everyone for their patience whilst we worked to resolve this issue.