Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM and Nothing

thebig1
Hooked

New SIM and Nothing

Hi all,

Well I had my first ever sim card delivered today. All excited I put it in my unlocked Samsung S8..... nothing. Previous Three sim working fine. I just get a small no entry sign next to the time. Letter with sim and agent in the phone say its active but here i am, no phone, what a rubbish start!!!!!
5 REPLIES 5
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: New SIM and Nothing

How sure are you that your Samsung is unlocked, for example have you tried anything other than a Three SIM before?   Can you try the PN SIM in anything else just for a quick test?

thebig1
Hooked

Hi,

The mobile is on Three. ALL mobiles on the Three network are unlocked as of January 2014. I did try a giffgaff card and although it wont call etc, it was recognised. The Plusnet one just shows a no entry sign showing an issue. It should ask for an unlock code if it was locked. My number has now been ported to so I am now left with no phone at all!!!!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @thebig1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. So we can take a further look into this with you we'll need to go through some security checks. Please can you send me a private message across with the following information attached:

- Your Mobile Number
 - Your Full Name (And whether or not you're the account holder)
 - Your Full Address (Including Postcode)

Once you've sent the message, please post in this thread to let us know and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
thebig1
Hooked

Just sent
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @thebig1,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. I've responded to the private message now so please let us know once you've had the chance to respond and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team