Did you mean: 

New PN SIM?

FIXED
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

New PN SIM?

Above.

Following an infuriating phone call to Three yesterday afternoon, I have cancelled my contract with them, which would've expired in mid October anyway because IMO the "service" is NOT fit for purpose, the signal is terrible in most parts of Sheffield, the mobile data basically doesn't work AT ALL.

Basically, can I come straight onto PN Mobile and port my number? I've had the same mobile number for about the last 18 years since I got my first contract with Voda in 2003.

Do you see? Cheesy
21 REPLIES 21
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New PN SIM?

You need a PAC from Three to move your number.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mrmitch85
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

But then if the contract with Three has been cancelled, and IF the old SIM card has been cut off.... Won't it be too late and the number already be lost?
dvorak

Possibly or it might be held and not recycled too quickly.
Only way to know is for him to get in tough with Three again.
PN won’t be able to help.
Customer / Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrmitch85 wrote:
But then if the contract with Three has been cancelled, and IF the old SIM card has been cut off.... Won't it be too late and the number already be lost?

If the Three phone is still connected 

To switch and keep your mobile number – text 'PAC' to 65075

If you want to switch and keep your existing phone number, text 'PAC' to 65075 to begin the process. Your current provider will reply by text within a minute. They will send you your PAC, which will be valid for 30 days.28 Jun 2019

HD

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

I tried to do the PAC text last night, wouldn't send because the Network's already disconnected.

I ordered a £20 SIM from Smarty.co.uk last night, unlimited everything but it won't come till at least Monday, 2 Business days as of last night they said.

I might just suck it up and get a new mobile number from Smarty, seeing as I've had the same number for around the last 18 years with most of the big names dating as far back as when Orange and T-Mobile were 2 seperate companies before they merged and became EE.

Do you see? Cheesy
mrmitch85
Rising Star

Yeah I expect it's too late now then.

The normal way of doing it, for future reference, is to get your new SIM card up and running on a temporary number. And then text for the PAC from the old SIM.

Then give the PAC to your new provider.

This will automatically cancel the old phone contract, so you won't need to phone them to cancel. (They will still of course bill you up until your expiration date. Or charge you an early termination fee).

But, if you ever want to keep your telephone number, never call your old provider and tell them you want to cancel.
mrmitch85
Rising Star

P.s. I thought you said you were coming to PN mobile? (Or else why post in the PN Mobile help forum?)

I wouldn't go with Smarty Mobile if I were you, because they also use Three's network infrastructure.

So if your issue was poor coverage with Three in your area, then it's going the be the same (if not worse) with Smarty.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrAllen2021 wrote:

I tried to do the PAC text last night, wouldn't send because the Network's already disconnected.

I ordered a £20 SIM from Smarty.co.uk last night, unlimited everything but it won't come till at least Monday, 2 Business days as of last night they said.

USwich are doing unlimited Smarty no contract for £18 per month and a £20 egift Amazon card

Online Exclusive!

£20 eGift

When you sign up for Unlimited Data for 3 consecutive months

HD  

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

@mrmitch85 I still might do.

I'll see if Smarty's any good, and if not I'll join PN Mobile.

Do you see? Cheesy
dvorak

Smarty use 3 if 3 is no good why do you think smarty will be?
Customer / Moderator
mrmitch85
Rising Star

If Three is as bad as you made out in your original post, then Smarty definitely won't be 'any good'.

For reference, PN Mobile uses EE, so I'd check the coverage on that first before moving to PN.

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

@mrmitch85 In actual fact I was a very happy EE customer about 5 or 6 years ago, only reason I left was because they didn't have the phone I wanted at upgrade time Sad

However, in anticipation that Smarty will end up being total bobbins, I've just ordered a £15 SIM from GiffGaff, both SIMs to arrive on Monday down at the Flat.

Do you see? Cheesy
mrmitch85
Rising Star

Fix
Well Giffgaff use O2.

When I was with them I didn't find the mobile internet connection to be much good ... But this was going back a few years now so they've probably improved somewhat.
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

Last time I spoke to O2 at one of their shops in Meadowhall, they told me their call centre's based just 10 minutes down the M1 from us in Rotherham.

Although that was at least 5 years ago so knowing my luck it'll have moved abroad now Sad

Do you see? Cheesy