cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mobile User with no connection!

FIXED
Stu66

New Mobile User with no connection!

Hello, I'm new to Plusnet and have taken a Mobile Only 30 Day contract. My SIM arrived yesterday 31st and I've got it in my LG V20 (had the phone for a year and used with EE, O2, 3, TalkTalk, Tesco, GiffGaff and other providers) with Plusnet shown on screen as the carrier but I'm not connecting to anything! Calls to my Plusnet number just shut off and calls from my Plusnet number just "End Call". No tone! I do have a signal.

Is this just a case of waiting for the service to activate?

I also have not received any login details for my account.

Thanks for reading - Advice would be nice. Cheers Stu

8 REPLIES 8
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: New Mobile User with no connection!

Fix

Hi Stu66,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Your SIM/account will go live 1-2 working days from the SIM dispatch date. When this is active, you'll receive your 'Welcome Email' to reflect this. 

If you've not yet received your email, this would indicate your SIM isn't active just yet. Not to worry, just keep an eye out for that email and then when you do receive it, pop in your Plusnet SIM card and you'll be good to go!

- Rebeka Smiley

Stu66

Thank you for quick reply and info. I will let you know how I get on at the end of week.

All the best.

Cheers Stu

ausbum
Hooked

Hi Stu66

Sounds like you have the same issue as I had, I have had the sim now for 6 days and still no resolution despite multiple contacts with customer services- good luck

ausbum

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your rocky start, ausbum, and I'd like to get this resolved for you ASAP.

Could you please send me a private message and I can begin to investigate?

ausbum
Hooked

Its ok Michael I concluded my investigation yesterday to find that plusnet mobile customer service are unable to follow up on what they promise, such as calling back or responding to an email, so goodness knows what chaos would ensue if they tried to actually rectify an issue.

I have contacted my bank to reverse the payments and block the direct debit, this is a much more action and outcome based approach and avoids me having to hear any more bluster from plusnet mobile.

best

ausbum

Stu66

Thank you for your support. All set up for calls and data and log in to my account.ability.

Was toying with turning off voice mail but read it's included in call allowance so will leave it on.

Many thanks Rebeka

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'd advise against cancelling the Direct Debit as this doesn't actually end the contract and could cause the account to incur additional late payment fees. 

ausbum
Hooked

I think the email I sent (which has been ignored) that outlines my wish to cancel is legally sufficient in ending my contract, should any charges be incurred I wont be paying them so its all good.