cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - now won't take calls or send texts!

TheMaleWhale
Hooked

New Customer - now won't take calls or send texts!

Ported across earlier in the month and after having 3 SIM cards and about a dozen call, I seemed to get everything working fine.

Earlier today, a call diverted to voicemail as I was busy. All good.

Since then, ALL calls have diverted to voicemail.... Not good.

Switched off the diverts on my phone, no difference.

In desperation I rang and got the voicemail switched off.

Then all calls get a no answer message. And i can no longer receive texts.

In desperation I have asked for the Voicemail to be switched back on as no tech support until Monday and I am awaiting a call on hospital admission.

Now all my calls go Voicemail and I can't receive texts.

What is happening????

8 REPLIES 8
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: New Customer - now won't take calls or send texts!

Hi TheMaleWhale,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your services since your port-in and I'd like to help. 

As I do not have your address information, can you please pop over to http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/mobile-coverage and check your coverage? Also, go to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice, input your postcode and check to see if there are any disruptions in the area. 

I must advise that we can't guarantee signal indoors and that network coverage and 4G speeds may be affected by a number of factors, such as the density of building materials, tree cover and weather conditions and how many other people are using the network. 

You can also try the following re-boot: 

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

This allows any fixes or updates to be applied upon this re-boot and any changes should take effect.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on; feel free to send me a personal message at your own leisure.

- Rebeka Smiley

TheMaleWhale
Hooked

UPDATE.

The phone suddenly received all my outstanding texts this morning and the calls are now going through as they should.

I have no idea what caused the repair although I suspect the issue relates to the porting of my old number in.

Anyway, I now have a phone that does what it says on the tin and I hope it stays that way!

Thanks Rebeka for your intervention.

Steve

TheMaleWhale
Hooked

Suddenly, after weeks of working perfectly, my calls are once again being diverted to voicemail AND I am not even getting a notification that a voice mail has been left.

I will try the "switch off voicemail" solution again BUT suspect that will mean I still won't get any calls AND my callers will simply get a message saying I am unavailable.

This is not good! - I think I may be saying goodbye to plusnet soon.....

TheMaleWhale
Hooked

Yep - switching off the voicemail has meant no calls or texts AGAIN.

Bearing in mind that this is the sole purpose of my having a mobile phone I can see no alternative than to switch suppliers.

The fact that this has happened "out of the blue" means I can no confidence in the Network and I may be missing important calls and texts at any time and not know it...

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi TheMaleWhale,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing loss in service and I'd really like to help with this. If you could send me a private message with your postcode details, I can check the status checker to see if there are any updates planned in your area.

If you would like to check at your own leisure, the link is as follows:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

- Rebeka 

Angie_m

Interestingly and annoyingly, this has happened to me twice. I am currently not receiving calls or texts. It is obviously not an isolated customer case. Whether relevant or not, these have occurred exactly a calendar month apart. The first time, the problem appeared to resolve itself before Plusnet's solution (new SIM) was put in place. For further information, my husband has Plusnet and is not affected in the same way. However, at the start of our contracts, we both were unable to get mobile data. This has since been resolved. I have had this contract for 3 months and have now experienced 3 major faults. I know that I have missed at least one important text. I have been advised that once the engineers start working on it tomorrow, it could take up to 5 days to find a solution. Not good enough, Plusnet.
TheMaleWhale
Hooked

Interesting!

My second fault was also EXACTLY a month after the first one...!

Got to be something in that surely???

Is it something in the billing cycle that is triggering the removal of inbound services as it was on the same day that my "new allowances month" started that the fault happened?

Not looking forward to the 4th of May.

Steve

Angie_m

Yes, I wondered about that but mine happens 2 days after my new allowance date.

My phone mysteriously started receiving messages and calls a couple of hours ago.

I'll see what happens on the 7th of May.....