Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network reverted to EE and also no data connection

washboardmac
Grafter

Network reverted to EE and also no data connection

Hi

As the title states a previously working fairly new SIM that used to show plusnet as the provider and worked fine with data is no longer doing so.

It's my Dad's phone (Moto E) and I ported across both our accounts quite successfully this summer.  Both were working 100% and showing plusnet and downloading data.

I hadn't seen him again until this weekend where I've been checking over his tech, etc.  He'd had problems with his B/band and so I expected him to be able to use his phone to check emails, etc.  However, as I say, there's no data connection. 

The APN is all set correctly but a data connection is never made.  It's not a geographical issue as my phone can 'see' plusnet and download data at good 4G speeds.

I can't say exactly when this happened but it's within the last 2-3 months.

I've just tried the 'network reset' option. No change.  PLusnet does not come up under the Network Search option at all

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

Andy

8 REPLIES 8
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Network reverted to EE and also no data connection

The carrier name makes no odds, mine is presently showing EE, sometimes it's Plusnet-EE and sometimes just Plusnet.

Take the sim out and carefully clean the chip area and reinsert perhaps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I had the exactly the  same problem if you ring 500 from the mobile they will do though the setting with you to reset the phone.

My phone has worked with no problems since.

Hope this helps.

washboardmac
Grafter

Colin

Thanks for your reply.

Removing/cleaning the SIM didn't help unfortunately.  Interesting re. network names though.

Andy

washboardmac
Grafter

8BKA

Thanks for your reply.  Do you remember what the procedure suggested was?  I'm not at my Dad's anymore and wouldn't want him to have to speak to Tech Support 'unaided'.

Cheers

Andy

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @washboardmac!

Thank you for getting in touch!

It's very strange to hear that your dad's data seems to have stopped working properly!

I'd definitely like to look into this for him, but we would, of course, need to speak to the account holder directly.

If you can wait until you're at your dad's, you would be able to speak to our friendly customer services on his behalf, once he has completed security and given the adviser permission to discuss it with yourself.

They would recommend going through some basic troubleshooting, which would begin by checking for any network issues in the area.

If you put your dad's postcode into the following network checker, that should be the first step completed: https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

Customer services are available 07:30 - 10pm daily and can be contacted by calling 500 from a plusnet handset, or 0800 079 1133 from any other handset.

Thanks!

-Oli

washboardmac
Grafter

Hi Oli

Thanks for picking this up.

The account is in my name so there shouldn't be a security problem.  However I'm now 100 miles away from the device!  I'll give them a ring anyway and can pass on their suggestions to him.  It'll be easier if I talk him through it.

There were no technical issues as I had my phone with me and could access data services at 4G speeds.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again this may help

Go to   What are the APN setting for my phone ?

I tried all the cleaning the sim card /switching the phone off etc but setting the  APN did the trick

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

washboardmac
Grafter

Hi

Good suggestion but have already been there.

Cheers

Andy