cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locks

wilkhaven

Network locks

I jumped to Plusnet due to the appalling customer services from Virgin - not sure that was a wise move now.

Having received the SIM from PN and put in the phone it refuses to find a network. Only by actually attempting a call does it finally register on the EE network. So I then instigate the number porting by texting the required details.

As this will take 24 hours to complete I put my old SIM back in the phone and put the PN SIM in a spare unlocked phone. It says it is network SIM locked and requests a PIN. I try the defaults and it then blocks the SIM and requests a PUK code. 

It seems the only way to get a PUK code is to contact PN - easier said than done. Been waiting an hour now for an online chat and gave up on the phone line after waiting for over 20 minutes.

Is this normal? I was with PN a few years ago an was impressed then with their Customer Services, have they suffered from the usual disease of getting to big to care?

1 REPLY 1
wilkhaven

Re: Network locks

An hour and a half waiting for an online chat, 30 minutes of that in the queue as No.1 - [-Censored-] this, back to Virgin we go!