cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix texts not arriving

sealdriver
Hooked

Netflix texts not arriving

Hi, I recently added my mobile number to Netflix and requested the verification code, they say it has been sent but it never arrives. I contacted them and they said I have to ask for my mobile provider to allow texts from them. Is this a thing? If so, how do I do it?

I've never had a problem receiving texts from anywhere else.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Netflix texts not arriving

Hi there.
This is quite odd. My first thought would be that Netflix may be using short codes/numbers which we don’t support on our network, but it would appear that this only affects the ability to send to a short number rather than receive.

Have you tried entering your mobile number with and without the 0 in front?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sealdriver
Hooked

Yes, I tried that but their system seems to add it back in anyway. No idea why it is happening but they are adamant they are not doing anything wrong. 

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed quote formatting. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Having a look into the settings of my parents Netflix account(I don't have one myself), under Communication Settings in your Account there's a box that says "Do not send me any emails or text messages". I'm assuming that's not ticked?

That said this box may not make a difference to a verification code being sent.

Are you able to use a different mobile number instead just to try to eliminate possible causes? For example using a number not with plusnet and another number with plusnet. If possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet