Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a PAC

FIXED
loungelizard

Need a PAC

Hi,

There never seems to be a convenient time to call and get a PAC so can someone here provide me with one?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Need a PAC

Hi loungelizard, we're unable to handle that online for you I'm afraid so you'd need to give us a call. I'm sorry if you've encountered a wait trying to get through though. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
loungelizard

Which days and times are you open and available to provide a PAC over the phone? I'm a school teacher and can't make calls during the working day? It seems whenever I have got through for other reasons in the past the department I need isn't available on the phone at that time.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@plusnet staff

So how are plusnet complying with Ofcoms text to switch requirements?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@loungelizard our helplines are available 7.30 to 10pm 7 days per week. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
loungelizard

When I called on Monday the message said that the person I needed to speak to went home at 8pm, and it was after 8. Can I text you my request as mentioned by RobC?

RobC
Pro

Seems to be another breach of perhaps a number of licence requirements, whether the 'person I needed to speak to' actually had gone home or not.

Other Question stands

What are Plusnet doing to meet Ofcoms ‘text-to-switch’ requirements.

Although the deadline has not yet been officially missed, they were announced in Dec 2017 and:

"1.13  We require these reforms to be in placewithin a reasonable implementation period, and
no later than 1 July 2019."

You would certainly seem to have missed the 'reasonable implementation period' requirement.

(Both my other services have had no contact PAC/cancellation set up for some time)

Moderators Note: Restored post to its original state.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Somehow I've accidentally edited @RobC's post instead of replying.

To avoid being accused of deliberatly trying to hide/change anything I'll ask the impartial @Mods could you please remove my edits and add my response below this?

--------------------

@loungelizard wrote:

When I called on Monday the message said that the person I needed to speak to went home at 8pm, and it was after 8.

@RobC  wrote:

More antics by phone staff?

and possible avoidance/breach by help staff here?

I'm not sure what it is, but it certainly isn't ideal and it's not as if we have one guy sat in the office dishing out PAC codes so god knows where this came from, I'll of course be feeding it back.

Seems to be another breach of perhaps a number of licence requirements, whether the 'person I needed to speak to' actually had gone home or not.

It's terrible service but there's no breach here that I can see, I'm looking now at how we can get this customer their PAC code as it's not something we normally deal with on social media.

Other Question stands

What are Plusnet doing to meet Ofcoms ‘text-to-switch’ requirements.

We're working towards it but this isn't due yet as you said below. 

"1.13  We require these reforms to be in place within a reasonable implementation period, and 
no later than 1 July 2019."

You would certainly seem to have missed the 'reasonable implementation period' requirement.

I disagree, as long as it's done before the 1 July I'd argue that that's reasonable and within the rules. 

Moderators Note: Moved reply from incorrect post to correct one.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
NickyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Fix

Hi @loungelizard,

Apologies for the previous information provided was incorrect the team that deals with PAC codes does close at 8pm mid week. I have ensured the team are fully aware of this going forward.

If you require a PAC code you will need to contact our Customer Service Team that deals with this. They are contactable on 0800 328 4688 and opening hours are as follows.

Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm

Saturday -  9am- 7pm

Sunday 9am- 6pm 

In regards to text service this is something we do not currently have availble but will by 1st July in line Ofcoms regulations.

Hope this helps

Nicky

NickyM
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

I understand that its not usual to process cancellations on community (TY for intervention given the circumstances Jonoh)

BUT is

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Can-i-get-my-pac-code-here/m-p/1485251#M6718

"Alternatively, you can request your PAC by giving us a call on 500 from your handset and choosing option two, dropping us a message via social media or by using our Live Chat service over on the Plusnet website. "

No longer the case with plusnet?

and the only option on your contact us that I could see with cancellations and PAC seeming to be entirely absent, is (with no time limitations specific to anything):

Customer support

• 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
  • +44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)
7.30am - 10pm, every day Please have your username and password handy.

loungelizard

Thanks Nicky, that at least clears up the reason I got that message.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why you insist on me contacting you at a time and by a method that suits Plusnet rather than me as the customer. I understand that the customer service team may not be 24/7 but we live in an age where most people communicate via messages and emails, both of which can be sent and read at times that are convenient to both parties. Insisting on a phone call is quite backward.

My Plusnet broadband contract has also recently ended again but despite being a happy customer for 3.5 years I'm leaving rather than play the phone game with the customer retentions team in order to get a reasonable deal. It's easier and quicker for me to sign up to a new provider than it is to get a new contract for a reasonable price with Plusnet. Insisting on phone calls is losing you my business. Maybe I'll come back when I'm a new customer again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @loungelizard

I'm afraid until the new system referred to above comes into place we need you to contact us for security purposes.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team