Did you mean: 

NO ROAMING IN EU. Plusnet this IS a problem

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: NO ROAMING IN EU. Plusnet this IS a problem

Hi @NL1

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

You are unable to send us PM's unless you have created at least one post yourself.

Kind Regards

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Laral wrote:
It’s been six months and I’ve travelled to Europe four times. Half way through my first trip to Greece, my plan refreshed and I stopped getting data. I hadn’t moved, I simply woke up and it didn’t work.

?Huh

Wonder how many failures occur immediately after refresh?

or Perhaps refreshing whilst abroad or with Plusnet/EEs own data unavailable for some other reason?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Good thought @RobC but I can confirm that a plan refresh per-se, whilst roaming, doesn't cause a problem. I've been in Portugal over a plan refresh the last 2 years and not had any problems.

I do think that there is some issue with hitting the Price cap whilst roaming though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobC
Pro

@MisterW wrote:

Good thought @RobC but I can confirm that a plan refresh per-se, whilst roaming, doesn't cause a problem.

I do think that there is some issue with hitting the Price cap whilst roaming though...

Yes, accepted as you would think there would be more reporting it and saw the refs to price caps stopping services working.

but I have long thought that some processing at the PN end actually erroneously triggers something in the PN side sim/customer profile. Possibly some field overwritten with trash or reset, or duplicated or some such

Seen reports where these sort of issues seem to NEVER be addressed - very few that are.

Customers just end up in the PN loop 'send 3 fresh examples of the failure' every time you chase them after no change and no update.

Not surprising that glitches happen, just amazing that PN seem unable to 'just press a button' to refresh a customers profile  top to bottom. O2 seem to have one.

I got a form of split port when I ported my number out from PN (and when I ported it in)  - PN apparently did not complete its part properly.

O2's 'foreign' call centre sorted the split/failed port out quickly, easily and efficiently with no drama whatsoever.

Working immediately after talking to them, just a phone restart and working as fast as I could check on o2, 3 and giffgaff, - every service I checked (inc international texts) except some EE services.

... and the EE services rolled in working one by one not long after that same day

THATS doing me proud.

Still haven't checked PN service can call me..

My PN online account is still active and has had another bill generated this month with a credit balance - referring to the ported out number - so perhaps PN sims cant contact my number. [shrugs]

Wonder if thats why some PN customers report they can't call some very specific numbers - those numbers were on PN once (legitimately added or just another error) .... and are still sitting in the PN service routing tables/system somewhere

PN systems do seem to have some serious and un-addressed long term bugs.

That is a couple of questions for folk experiencing these issues though

Has your plan refreshed?

Have you hit your price cap?

(both of which even the limited access staff here seem to have should show straight away)

Not that either seems to be fixable from what I can see.

Surely PN tech should have these issues nailed by now

- if anyone actually has properly looked into them - which does seem to present as unlikely.

36bits
Hooked

Back in the UK now. The issue with data roaming in Italy wasn't fixed despite supplying the information requested by Plusnet.

Jonathan
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @36bits,

I am sorry for late reply back, I have been out of the office.

I have provided an update via pm.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Suviramo

Hi,
Similar experiences here too, so thought I'd share - I wouldn't recommend plusnet if you travel a lot and need your phone to work abroad too 😞 Since switching to plusnet from o2 I've not been able to access data roaming anywhere outside the UK (incl. Iceland, Finland and the US.) In the US I can't even send regular text msgs or make calls. It's not good. I have been in touch with plusnet customer services before and have always done the usual (turn phone off and back on again, remove sim, also changed Access Point Names settings as advised in another thread on this issue) but to no avail.. Completely first world problems, but having close to zero connectivity when traveling (unless you find wifi) is a real pain, and has caused some issues when you cant get hold of people.. Begrudgingly switching back to o2 or similar; otherwise plusnet has been working ok.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @Suviramo,

I am deeply sorry that this has been your experience and appreciate you going through our trouble shooting at the time. Once you have completed those steps we would usually ask you to send us examples where we can check with have an agreement with the network you are connected too, and so that our operations team can investigate the issue further.

If you are not currently over seas, we would ask you contact us here so with the country you are next traveling to and we can advise you the net works we have an agreement with.

If you then connect to these networks and the issue persists, after running through the steps you have stated contact us here and we can request examples for further investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
damianiw
Hooked

I've just experienced the same issue in Greece, my wife's definitely seemed to stop working after her refresh date, oddly putting my sim in her phone still wouldn't work but it was on mine so I'm not sure its all PlusNet but her Nokia 6 which recently got an official android Pie update - my galaxy S5 which is on nougat worked fine.

Fortunately I was able to use mine to tether and the Nokia is being replaced as it's useless for calls since receiving Pie nobody can hear you, a Nokia issue all over their forums and I cannot be doing with putting a custom ROM on to solve that - that is the one phone which needs to just work so hopefully the new phone will 🙂

Called PN who were helpful and could see nothing wrong, we definitely were not connecting to Albania, been caught out there before as 'roaming' is needed for EU but theres no territory option to say only roam where I can Roam like home 🙂 that's a phone manufacturer and network issue thank goodness we don't often hit the issue
NoelMorgan21
Hooked

I think you’re right my roaming stopped working after I hit my cap. I was still abroad the next day that was my refresh day but the data didn’t return. Been abroad few times now still no data. Plusnet just look and say it’s fine should work. We all know they have an issue.

going on holiday September hope someone can help. 

@MisterW wrote:

Good thought @RobC but I can confirm that a plan refresh per-se, whilst roaming, doesn't cause a problem. I've been in Portugal over a plan refresh the last 2 years and not had any problems.

RobC
Pro

Perhaps @abails0105 can help with this now?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-data-in-Spain-again/m-p/1659241#M15019

RobC
Pro

?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @RobC,

I am sorry for the late reply, I have updated the thread for you. If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch on the corresponding thread.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I was abroad recently and like many here my phone was useless out there... - roaming turned on but nothing worked.

Had to get my phone to re-register on the network by letting it select a network automatically. Took it a while to do that but once it had done so and registered itself on the right network everything was dandy.

To do that you need to delve into your mobile network settings and get the phone to do a search / scan. On android 5 it's a doddle, my partners phone is android 9 and was quite different so you'll have to work it out yourselves guys but if you've not tried it, you need to.

I had to repeat it once we landed back in the UK too...

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Bobfel

I have exactly the same issue on 2 Sims, neither works In Italy, both on new mobiles.

2 contracts to be cancelled on my return Plusnet.