cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA - no access to APN settings on iphone

KH27
Hooked

Re: NO DATA - no access to APN settings on iphone

The SIM has arrived but even after it has been activated it doesn't work. In fact its worse than the original as I now have no network at all. so can only use the phone for messages when in a WIFI zone. Wish I'd never moved to Plusnet, in less that a week I've contacted the help desk more than other company ever!     

dji8879

I had to leave. The company are a shambles. I went back to Virgin and within 4 hours of having a SIM card I was back up and running.
Complete shambles of a company. This has been going on since at least January.
STAY AWAY
KH27
Hooked

Wish I knew before I changed. To be honest I am going to a Carphone warehouse with the phone to see if I can get up and running

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi KH27

I'm very sorry to hear you're having data issues. 

Usually a SIM would fix this, but there are some settings we can adjust on the account. 

If you drop me a message I can certainly look into this for you. 

KH27
Hooked

Hi Sarah. I would love for you to adjust account settings. How do u communicate securely with you? I'm only in a wifi zone for next 20 mins then I'll have no mobile data etc
Mav
Fixes: 514

@KH27

If you click/press on Sarah's name or avatar her profile will open. Scroll down till you see the Send Private Message Button the click/press on that.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ju563

Hi. I am having exactly the same issue. I have spent 40 minutes on the phone to customer services with no resolution.

I am not able to Private Message Sarah, says access denied- can you help with that? 

Thanks,

Ju

Mav
Fixes: 514

@Ju563

You should be able to PM now.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

KH27
Hooked

Hi Ju

Sorry I can't, I've left Plus net as couldn't resolve the problem after 4 SIMS. If you are within 2 weeks of starting the contract you can leave immediately and get a PAC You private message Sarah by clicking on her name.

Good luck
Unicorn

Unimpressed by lack of knowledge constantly told it is an Apple issue even though this forum says different.

An earlier comment on this forum about if a Vodafone sim has previously been used in iPhone can cause the issue applied in my case. Followed the advice checked Profile within General setting and in Advanced was APN:Vodafone.

Deleted profile and instantly the data issue was resolved while the Plusnet employee was still trying to convince me it was an Apple issue!

it was a simple fix but took several days to resolve and a new sim which changed nothing, frustrating.

Hope this helps avoid someone else suffering a similar fate.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Looking at it from a neutral point of view it is down to Apple, firstly for not allowing access to APN's and secondly for not auto-deleting the Vodafone profile when a different sim is inserted. I think it's only Vodafone that it applies to for some reason.

NickLW

I’ve finally got my data!

Just want to let you all know the solution that finaly worked for me and might work for you too!

I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.1.2. I installed a Plusnet sim. Everything worked (voice, text) apart from data. Rang Plusnet. Tried their advice of removing sim for 1 min, blowing on it, putting it back in and switching to flight mode for 1 min. No joy. Tried their advice of going to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. No joy.

Plusnet then sent me a replacement sim. Same problem. Ran both tests. Still no joy. Rang Plusnet again. Groaned when the operator (Harry) suggested the same tests again but then he said “I suppose you’ve tried …” and went on to tell me a possible solution that no one had ever told me before:

Go to Settings - General - Profile. There I discovered a ‘Profile’ called ‘TalkMobile’ (my previous sim provider). I deleted it and, hey presto, I finally got my data.

So thanks a lot, Harry from Plusnet!

NB. If you can’t find a file called ‘Proflie’ don’t worry. I don’t have one now and I’ve checked someone else’s iPhone and it doesn’t have it either. So perhaps only certain providers, like TalkMobile apply it.

piltdowndave

YES!! This worked for me - I was on BT - deleted that profile and started working immediately without having to input any plusnet settings - thank you

Ellie1

Be careful of going elsewhere. I've just come to Plusnet because I was having very similar problems with Virgin!!

I'm really [-Censored-]ed off to see that it is happening here too..... At least, I can get calls and texts with Plusnet.... I couldn't with Virgin! Although I've yet to get my old number transferred.

Why are they still selling SIM's when they know there is a known problem???

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Very sorry to hear you're having data issues, Ellie1.

If the port is in progress, this could be the explanation, but in any event, please send me a Private Message and I can open up the account and start looking into this for you.