Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA - no access to APN settings on iphone

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: NO DATA - no access to APN settings on iphone

Settings>General>Profiles I think on iOS. I would suggest anyone who has an iPhone with problems has a look on theirs.

Don't forget to reboot after deletion.

Turner
Dabbler

Was hoping for a fix there Colin, but I have no such menu option within the General tab on my iPhone 6 Sad

Hooked

Settings>general>profile

then swipe to delete.
Turner
Dabbler

They are "collecting data"? Holy cow! I'd hoped the Operations team would've been bending their backs since the get go this morning to get this sorted. But no, they're waiting for "data"? 

*snap* 

Damn, there goes my patience! Wink 

I'm now just hoping and praying that my port completes within my 14 day cooling off period, so I can request a PAC to naff off elsewhere with my number. Can't believe the difference in the broadband and mobile operations!

jmacintyre1988
Hooked

I requested my Port on Thursday evening and it has 'completed' today - minus data services obviously...  I will also join you in leaving within 14 days if it isn't fixed tonight.

I also don't get any option for profiles/mobile data/carrier settings (iPhone 7) with my Plusnet sim in it so impossible to follow any of the fixes suggested here or by the support team.

dji8879

the VPN Setup on the iPhone is under

Settings> General > VPN

Can anyone make sense of how or where to put in all the data that have stated in the VPN settings?

I have just used the online chat as I couldn't bear another phone call. Useless. An engineer will be in touch, Why have a tech support department with no tech support?

Back to Virgin with my tail between my legs I think.

dji8879

DeeCee73
Dabbler

Ditto. Requested port on Thurs night and completed this afternoon, no data. Unless something is sorted soon I'll be requesting a pac at the end of the week. If I need another sim I'd be as well getting one that will almost certainly work first time from elsewhere. Very disappointed.

dji8879

I have just called Plusnet for an update. Eventually I spoke to someone that told the truth. 

The problem is at their end but they don't know what is wrong and subsequently don't know how long it will take to rectify if at all.

I was advised by customer services to take the PAK code and leave, so I did. I like to shop around but I don't think I have ever been with someone for only 5 days. Just called Virgin and they will have a SIM with me tomorrow.

jmacintyre1988
Hooked

Still no time frame, compensated for lost time (I would expect more if they expect me to stay...) and that this isn't their usual high level of service... but still no data...

ruffage
Dabbler

Bump

Issue still seems to exist.  No MMS capability on my iPhone 6S, and support seem to think it's a faulty SIM.  Sceptical myself.

anom93

Can verify this works. For iphone users if you've previously been with vodafone/talktalk, you need to go to Settings > General > profiles, then delete the WAYG profile by vodafone! Then mobile data should work Wink

KH27
Hooked

I changed from EE to Plusnet SIM only last week and this is currently happening to me. Can't believe it still a problem as the comments I saw on this topic were back in January. Plusnet are sending me a new SIM as I have a faulty one? Am on iphone6 so can't input APN details. Did people move to another provider or was it resolved. 

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi KH27, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear you're having some data issues. If you've tried all the above troubleshooting methods don't hesitate to drop me a message and we can investigate this further. 

KH27
Hooked

Hi Sarah. I'm waiting for the post to see if the promised SIM arrives. Will give it a go. If doesn't work I will be back in touch. have to admit to being peeved with no mobile data outside WIFI zone.