cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA - no access to APN settings on iphone

Hooked

NO DATA - no access to APN settings on iphone

Hunted through the forum and found various threads, PlusNet you have a problem here but are burying your head in the sand. I have a fully unlocked iphone bought from Apple. I've moved carriers many times and the new settings normally come via text message. My new sim gives me calls and texts but no data. The internet options do not help, after 30 mins on hold to customer service you send me an email that explains how to change APN settings - access to this is not possible within my iphone, it is updated to latest iOS!

When searching APN settings within Apple, you find the following statement....

If your carrier allows it, you can view the APN settings on your iOS device in Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network. If you’re using a device outside of the United States, you can find your APN settings in Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

ACCESS to APN is controlled by the carrier PLUSNET on their sim settings, NOT apple under the iOS

I have no data on a 2Gb plan, it is pointless without it, you need to sort the problem yourselves.

Response By E-mail (31/12/2016 11.18 AM)

Apple iPhone

From the home screen:

1. Tap Settings.

2. In the first section tap Mobile/Cellular.

3. Tap Mobile data network/Cellular data network.

4. Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:

Mobile/Cellular Data:

APN - everywhere

Username - eesecure

Password -secure

Visual Voicemail:

MMS:

APN - eezone

Username - eesecure

Password -secure

MMSC - http://mms/

MMS Proxy - 149.254.201.135:8080

MMS Max Message Size - 1048576

(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)

5. Tap the left arrowat the top three times.

6. Press the home button.

7. On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now

see a data connection indicator 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

48 REPLIES 48
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: NO DATA - no access to APN settings on iphone

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Just search this forum as this problem with the iPhone has already been dealt with.

RJM
Rising Star

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @58162581

If you're having some issues with Data on your iPhone you'll need to try resetting the network settings.  

You can do this by following these instructions. 

Go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Hope this helps. Smiley 

Hooked

I've got a BT EE sim currently, there are no problems with this.
Hooked

I did.
Hooked

Doesn't make a difference.
Hooked

Didn't make a difference. Now I've lost all the wifi passwords that were stored. Still no mobile data!!
dji8879

As per the previous reply, I do not have the facility to enter the any APN settings. Please find attached a screen shot of my mobile data screen on the iPhone IOS 10.2.

I have a 4G plan with 4 Gig of unusable data. Trying to call your customer services is painful to see the least, I would also suggest employing some staff.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

That's showing that you're using Virgin's network? Turn off your WiFi, reset mobile networks (?) and reboot the phone.

adrens
Dabbler

Probably because the data on the Virgin SIM works! 😉

Hooked

I got to the bottom of my problem. It was due to a profile installed by Vodafone before my time with BT. Once the profile was deleted, it started to work. APN settings are dictated by carrier, do not let Plusnet tell you to contact Apple if not visible it's their error.
dji8879

Can I ask how you deleted the previous profile? As Adrens started I had just put in my old Virgin SIM to make sure there were no conflict issues and that the phone was operating as advertised. It works perfect with my old SIM but that runs out at the end of today. I'd call but having tried that once and been on hold for 40 minutes I'd rather avoid that option again.

Thanks

jmacintyre1988
Hooked

I am also having this problem on iPhone 7.  When my O2 sim is in the phone I can see carrier settings and can change APN but not when the Plusnet sim is installed.  If anyone has asked Plusnet to change this, what specifically did you ask?  I asked on Webchat and I was just directed to what settings to put into APN and not how to actually get to that settings entry.  Resetting Network Settings did not work.

Thanks

Just spoke to Plusnet support - known issue and no resolution at the moment and they are collecting data to pass to the operations team...